Around the NHL: Part XVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
If the Devils don’t cash in on Hall it’s probably going to impact the return on guys like Kreider as well. With Shero being a bad GM and Hall being seen (IMO) as a bit of a head case, I doubt they’ll get a good return and it’ll set this as a buyers market.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Id keep an eye on extension talk if the Devs want to up the return package.
I think the problem with that is it’s already out there that he won’t sign during the season, granted that could change, but that seems to be the baseline guiding all of this

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The return for Hall is going to be underwhelming, people have been saying this for months

He’s turning 30, looks awful after that bad injury last year, and the contract he signs will be bad about 2-3 years in.

I’m not so sure that the Hall return being underwhelming will affect Kreider too much. I think the expectations for Hall’s return are inflated due to him winning the Hart.

Reactions: leetch99

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
While he's not what he was a few years ago, Hall is still at 25 points in 30 games. He's on an absolutely dreadful team, with a bad powerplay. Is that partially his fault? Most likely, but the rest of the players for that unit leave a lot to be desired.

I think whoever gets Hall this deadline will be very happy with the player they got.

Also, Hall is not turning 30, he just turned 28. Same as Panarin was last season. He'll get a big deal from someone and will be worth it for probably about the next 5 years. He still has wheels and a good shot. I would not undersell him, he just doesn't have anyone to play with. Hughes is very young, Hischier was hurt for a while, and Kyle Palmieri is a nice player, but he's not a 1st line winger IMO.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
If the Coyotes are involved, two things to look for...a) Jan Jenik, a 2018 draft choice now with Hamilton is considered their third best prospect. He could be in play. b) something unexpected along the lines of player for player.

The Coyotes really want Hall and they want him now.

Player for player? That's interesting. I would assume it wouldn't be for another expiring contract.

Dvorak? Garland? Schmaltz?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
If the Coyotes are involved, two things to look for...a) Jan Jenik, a 2018 draft choice now with Hamilton is considered their third best prospect. He could be in play. b) something unexpected along the lines of player for player.

The Coyotes really want Hall and they want him now.
Who so you think a one for one would be from the Coyotes?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Flyers getting a beat down never gets old. Not exactly sure why...maybe it's because I'm old enough to remember when the Flyers were that clown show known as the "Broad Street Bullies" and all they did was try and beat the shit out any Ranger they could beat up except for Nick Fotiu who was one of the few Rangers who could take care of himself with the fists back than..lol

I really do think my detest for that franchise is right there for me as it is with the Islanders and the Devils. It could be cause I live down here in Flyer country. Whatever it is, I'm not exactly happy that AV has them on the right track..that's for sure.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Looking back at the 2017 draft, there’s still very much a feeling that easy decisions more or less went out the window after the 6th pick.

Nearly 2.5 years later and I still see that sharp drop.

To your point, that 2017 draft might have been one of the worst drafts for top end talent that I can ever recall. I mean I don't have empirical data to support this claim of mine but when I look at the first round there are just a handful of players that are even fantasy worthy let along rosterable if I can use that as judge of talent. Just a really bad draft class and unfortunately tho we received a pretty high draft pick at 7 overall, for that draft class, that really wasn't high enough.

If you think about it, I can make an easy argument that Chytil who we drafted at #21 if there was a "do over" and we have hindsight as our guide, just might have been picked in the top 5-6 in order after Petersson, Makar, Hischier, Heiskinen and than I might...check that I would absolutaly consider Chytil before the Patrick's, Glass's, Mittelstadt's and obviously Lias.

Reactions: NYRangers16

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Looking back at the 2017 draft, there’s still very much a feeling that easy decisions more or less went out the window after the 6th pick.

Nearly 2.5 years later and I still see that sharp drop.
2017 was such a strange draft year, and at the same time not strange at all. Going in it was seen as really weak, then like, most of the first round had really really good post draft seasons, and now it’s kind of settling back in to being under whelming outside of like 5 guys

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Virtanen scores a nice one with a bit of a walk around and I look to see who and it's our old friend Nick Holden. HFNYR has forgotten how tough it was to phase out Holden already.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Id keep an eye on extension talk if the Devs want to up the return package.
Thats what I was thinking. Wouldnt it "behoove" the Devils to ALLOW extension talks? Why would any team give up TONS for what might just become an extended rental?
Giving up tons for an extended Hall would make much more sense for a team looking to have a better chance going deep.
Shero.....what an idiot.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Thats what I was thinking. Wouldnt it "behoove" the Devils to ALLOW extension talks? Why would any team give up TONS for what might just become an extended rental?
Giving up tons for an extended Hall would make much more sense for a team looking to have a better chance going deep.
Shero.....what an idiot.
Hall may have a short list, similar to Trouba. Just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad