Around the NHL: Part XVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Zuccs I must be missing something here. If what you say occurs and the Debs do deal Hall which is very likely no matter what they get in return, they'll be worse than they were when they had Hall and so they'll be in even better position to have more ping pong balls to get a Lefrenier or Bylefield.

I guess I'm not comprehending why you say once Hall is gone their chances for the #1 overall goes down when in my line of thinking it's actually the opposite and their chances go up seeing they'll be even worse withought Hall...you follow?
Because Hall is the good luck charm in the draft lottery

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
The original Tony D has 17 goals in 32 1/3 games this season

SwedeAmerican

Dec 5, 2011
Can someone explain how the isles WON’T win the cup this year, and explain it in an unbiased way? They’re a freakin Barry Trotz trapping machine.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
The Duke completes the hat trick in overtime.

Also our good buddy Bo Villiyay with OT winner and 3 points. Probably my least favorite Islander besides Buttercuck.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Can someone explain how the isles WON’T win the cup this year, and explain it in an unbiased way? They’re a freakin Barry Trotz trapping machine.
1) Their bend-not-break defensive style is going to hurt them in the playoffs.

2) Pittsburgh is going to clobber the East when they’re healthy.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Worked wonders last year against teams that actually have talent.

*gets word over earpiece*

Wait...I'm being told it didn't work at all.

*pauses*

I'm also being told that their goaltending talent is also not superstar, so it won't last.

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
Wow if that's all the Devils may be able to get for Hall. Neither of Arizona's top 2 prospects.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Wow if that's all the Devils may be able to get for Hall. Neither of Arizona's top 2 prospects.

It’s hilarious the ups and downs Devils fans have experienced today

Dreaming of Trocheck and Knight to maybe getting Bahl and a first from Arizona

Bahl looks like a guy who is more likely to bust than not. And Shero is such a Mickey Mouse GM

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Put this piece of information away for future reference...

If the Rangers ever decide to move on from DQ, DeBoer would be a leading candidate to replace him. He is very highly regarded by Ranger management.
I like DQ so don't want him to go. But I like de Boer too. Always have.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Worked wonders last year against teams that actually have talent.

*gets word over earpiece*

Wait...I'm being told it didn't work at all.

*pauses*

I'm also being told that their goaltending talent is also not superstar, so it won't last.
Does a team with by far the greatest player of his generation, a guy you could make a strong case is top 10 of the past 15 years, Phil The Thrill and a cup winning pedigree your idea of a team that doesn't have talent?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Does a team with by far the greatest player of his generation, a guy you could make a strong case is top 10 of the past 15 years, Phil The Thrill and a cup winning pedigree your idea of a team that doesn't have talent?
The Penguins were a middle of the road team last year. Really wasn't amazingly impressive the Isles beat them in the playoffs. Islanders also didn't outplay the Pens that series either.

Thanks for playing.

:dunno:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad