Around the NHL: Part XVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
its a great song...the thing that makes it completely lame is that blues fans sang it during the playoffs last year and then the caps just stole it
It’s a classic country song but it just doesn’t fit as a goal song. And the Blues didn’t even use it after a goal, they played it during tv timeouts.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Too funny. Do you guys realize that tonight's Red Wing victory over the Jets was their first win in over a month...that's crazy!

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
You really think we'll even have a shot in the lottery to get lucky again and have a shot a #1/#2 pick?

We are on pace for right in the neighborhood of 88-90 points which would likely leave us out of the playoffs and in that 15-17 range. Unless I'm missing something I'm thinking that is not ****ty enough for us to get into the lottery with a chance to get lucky again like this past season when we sniped Kakko.

I admittedly am not 100 % versed on the whole NHL lottery scenarios and **** but from the way I'm looking at it unless I'm completely off, we won't even have a shot at any of the studly top tier guys seeing we'll be out of the ping pong ball event. If I'm wrong, your or someone please correct me if I'm correct and that we do end up in that 15-17 range with no playoff appearance which appears likely.

Late to reply here but no, I don't think we'll be that lucky. I'd love it, but it's not realistic to expect it. That said, it's not impossible. Also, with the roster we have now and whatever we get for trades that will happen... add another top ten pick to that and it's just some icing on the cake. I like where we're headed.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Crazy that he's leading the league in +/-. I know, I know, it's a stat that doesn't hold a ton of meaning, but I had to double-take seeing him there.

Classic change of scenery trade when he looked like he was taking a little bit of a step back. Bigras didn't really have a bad AHL year last year, (similar stats if you projected Graves' AHL stats) but seemed obvious he wasn't going to get much of a chance either.

I'm happy for Graves, though. He went to a team that really needed a d-man with his type of game and he seized the opportunity.

That said, how many of his points are coming from playing with the most productive offense in the league?
Meh, Graves is getting the benefit of playing on a very good team. His decision-making and puck skills are still quite AHL-tier, but he's playing with a ton of confidence (was very solid the past week or so). Him leading the league in plus/minus is due to playing easy minutes, but more importantly getting to play with Makar. His physical game and skating ability with his frame are very much underappreciated parts of his game, he's had at least four fantastic open ice hits on the season. One of them actually changed the entire game for the Avs benefit.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Crazy schedule coming up for the Islanders/Rangers Jan series from Jan 13-21 Isles also play Caps and Canes & Red Wings in there while we play the BJ's . The schedule favors the Rangers....be some nice to take 4-5 points from them .

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
There was a 24 hour period about 20 years ago where my parents and doctors thought I had Ewing sarcoma. I was too young to understand the gravity of it at the time, but when my parents tell me the stories years later, I get chills.

**** cancer.

Scary. Especially at a young age. I am glad
you're OK. I lost a few relatives to that awful disease

Reactions: egelband

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
From "best summer" to blatantly tanking in less than 3 months.

Life comes at you fast NJ

Last edited:
Reactions: Rongomania

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
A bigtime shocker as Debbies lose once again this time to the Avalanche who are my team to represent the West in the Cup final come June.

Watched Subban pretty closely and once again he is so not like the guy we used to know. He is a shell of himself...he can't skate with speed and power anymore and he can't get his shots on net anymore let alone score or get any points either.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a formerly elite player fall from grace as quickly as Subban has. I've kidded around that maybe his girl friend Lindsay Vonn has given him too much of a "good thing" and he's lost his ooomph. Whether I'm e right or wrong about this is besides the facts. Subban is pretty much done as a PP QB or a solid dman and it's kind of sad actually seeing I for one was a fan of his despite his unpopularity with most hockey fans and observers.

Hopefully the Devils won't suck so badly that they get another #1 overall pick but the way things are going they are very likely going to suck so bad that they get at worst a top 3-4 pick. We just have to hope the hockey gods troll them this time and dont' let them get Lafrenier or Byfeild which would suck royally if they did get either of the two!!

Reactions: egelband

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
A bigtime shocker as Debbies lose once again this time to the Avalanche who are my team to represent the West in the Cup final come June.

Watched Subban pretty closely and once again he is so not like the guy we used to know. He is a shell of himself...he can't skate with speed and power anymore and he can't get his shots on net anymore let alone score or get any points either.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a formerly elite player fall from grace as quickly as Subban has. I've kidded around that maybe his girl friend Lindsay Vonn has given him too much of a "good thing" and he's lost his ooomph. Whether I'm e right or wrong about this is besides the facts. Subban is pretty much done as a PP QB or a solid dman and it's kind of sad actually seeing I for one was a fan of his despite his unpopularity with most hockey fans and observers.

Hopefully the Devils won't suck so badly that they get another #1 overall pick but the way things are going they are very likely going to suck so bad that they get at worst a top 3-4 pick. We just have to hope the hockey gods troll them this time and dont' let them get Lafrenier or Byfeild which would suck royally if they did get either of the two!!

Subban has back issues and hasn't been able to skate for a while.

Once Hall leaves, so will the Devils chances at getting the 1 OA. They're in for a long, painful process though because no matter what he returns, those pieces likely won't be ready for a while and honestly, their farm is pretty bleak.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Subban has back issues and hasn't been able to skate for a while.

Once Hall leaves, so will the Devils chances at getting the 1 OA. They're in for a long, painful process though because no matter what he returns, those pieces likely won't be ready for a while and honestly, their farm is pretty bleak.

Zuccs I must be missing something here. If what you say occurs and the Debs do deal Hall which is very likely no matter what they get in return, they'll be worse than they were when they had Hall and so they'll be in even better position to have more ping pong balls to get a Lefrenier or Bylefield.

I guess I'm not comprehending why you say once Hall is gone their chances for the #1 overall goes down when in my line of thinking it's actually the opposite and their chances go up seeing they'll be even worse withought Hall...you follow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad