Around the NHL: Part XVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
We were on a similar pace last year at this time. And all non-playoff teams are in the lottery.

This is a good point and a reason why I keep pointing to the next 8 weeks because I feel like that's potentially where we come back to earth a little.

In recent years, our starts have tended to exceed expectations, but then everything has evened out as we get into the dog days of December and January.

But looking at the standings, there's only 3 points separating Tampa being in the playoffs from Tampa picking 6th in the draft right now. So the pack hasn't yet begun to separate.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The way the team is playing now will not lead to a playoff spot. I expect them to settle to a middle of the pack lottery team by the new year.

I also think this CA road trip starts a bit of a losing streak. I could see them losing all 3 of these games

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Not sure if this Mike Hoffman stuff was discussed or not, but what a sociopath.

First game he and EK matched up since the whole thing with his gf and EK's wife.

I'm not a big pro fight guy, but I'd love to see him get lit up. Scumbag.

Panthers' Mike Hoffman, Sharks' Erik Karlsson almost fight in reunion after controversy

After the game, Hoffman made it clear that he had this game in consideration for a while now.

"I have been thinking about this game for a long time," Hoffman said, according to The Athletic's George Richards.

"He actually played tonight and I asked if he wanted to go and obviously he did not," Hoffman said. "I chased him around for an entire shift, kept asking and asking. He wouldn't. He kept saying 'I'm not fighting you.'"

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I know there have been stories written about the whole thing but I can't help but believe that there is a deeper story involved here than what was portrayed in the media. I could be wrong.

That would be awesome. Slightly breaking the everlasting "nice Swedish people"-connotation. What a twist that would be.

I'll stay in camp Hoffman's gurl is a legit psycho, he's a legit psycho and I'm pretty sure Hoffman wanted to fight EK in order to get some conditional poon.

Reactions: Kallio and Musto

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Pastranek just plain filth. Didn't think it was possible because he played so amazingly well last year before he got hurt but he actually has gotten better this year.

Tho I'm firmly in the MacKinnon camp for the Hart, I can see some voters heading Pastranek's way cause he's certainly deserving as well.

Reactions: darko

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Tom Wilson is so scared of Lemieux yet he just fought the tallest player in the history of the league in Chara:sarcasm:

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Tom Wilson is so scared of Lemieux yet he just fought the tallest player in the history of the league in Chara:sarcasm:

Has anyone non ironically said he was scared of Lemieux?

If you think about it, Lemmy beat Wilson and Wilson beat Chara so Lemmy > Chara. There will be no debate had, my logic checks out.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Has anyone non ironically said he was scared of Lemieux?

If you think about it, Lemmy beat Wilson and Wilson beat Chara so Lemmy > Chara. There will be no debate had, my logic checks out.
Yes there’s a certain poster with “god” in their name who keeps making that claim

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Put this piece of information away for future reference...

If the Rangers ever decide to move on from DQ, DeBoer would be a leading candidate to replace him. He is very highly regarded by Ranger management.
Ugh. He’s another one though who has teacher’s pet syndrome. Stephen Gionta, Haley. My Devils friends called him DUMBoer.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

If the Rangers ever decide to move on from DQ, DeBoer would be a leading candidate to replace him. He is very highly regarded by Ranger management.
DeBoer will probably have another job by the time Quinn's seat even gets warm.

Reactions: bobbop and Tob

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
DeBoer will probably have another job by the time Quinn's seat even gets warm.

For sure, gonna be a "Coaches Market" this summer with all these vacancies. Although his only options currently are Dallas and Calgary.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I think it depends on how this team performs in December and January. That's often been the proving ground to see how the next several months will unfold.

Let's assume they're hanging outside the playoffs, they decide to move Kreider, and there's some wear and tear on the roster. This is a team that could very well finish in that 8-12 range. That probably doesn't get them a top tier skill guy, but it does potentially get them a guy who fits what they're doing and fills a need.

However, if you're sitting further back in the draft order, you hope you get a little bit of Carolina/Chicago luck and move from double digits to the the top 3.

So from what I'm gathering if we miss the playoffs which is likely, we'll have couple of ping pong balls to give us a chance to move up in the draft. The higher we finish the less ping pong balls we have.

A team like Jersey because they'll be so terrible will have no worse than a top 4 pick if I'm reading things right. Do I have it right now?

Reactions: egelband

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Don't say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad