Around the NHL (Part XVIII) - Tankiest tank to have ever tanked

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The last I can remember was 08/09 with Calgary and Vancouver. Both played the Hawks though so the ratings hit probably wasn't too bad

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Philly is dong-whipping the Red Wings. The 7-2 score actually flatters Detroit's play.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
thanks for the effort putting this together BWC.

I can see the NHL and NBC cringing looking at the possibility of 3 teams from Canada making the playoffs from the West...:laugh:

not sure when the last time that happened to be honest...too lazy to look it up!

Other than the Hawks and maybe Wild and Kings, I don't know that the Western U.S. teams get that big of ratings to begin with. It would be a bigger deal for NBC's playoff ratings if say Ottawa beat out Boston.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Other than the Hawks and maybe Wild and Kings, I don't know that the Western U.S. teams get that big of ratings to begin with. It would be a bigger deal for NBC's playoff ratings if say Ottawa beat out Boston.

Well it would be three markets that would not be helping the growth of the game in the US....especially Dallas and San Jose which you know the league wants continued playoff success in those markets...

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Two games to watch tonight. Min at STL and Nas at LAK. I'm not even sure who I want to win in the LA game. I'd like to catch Nashville and/or STL. But I'd love it if the Kings missed the playoffs. More than anything, hopefully these games don't go to OT.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Two games to watch tonight. Min at STL and Nas at LAK. I'm not even sure who I want to win in the LA game. I'd like to catch Nashville and/or STL. But I'd love it if the Kings missed the playoffs. More than anything, hopefully these games don't go to OT.

Cheer for LA.

The Kings aren't missing the playoffs.

May as well try to catch NSH and STL.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
So I'm watching the Wild-Blues, Bouwmeester shot gets deflected, the horn goes off, Blues celebrate a goal. Wild object and everyone thinks they're reviewing for a high stick. It was clearly a good deflection and the refs go to drop the puck to start play. Right before the ref goes to drop the puck, the horn goes off a bunch of times. They go to review again and realize that the puck hit the outside of the net and was never close to going in. :laugh:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
LA isn't much of a concern, IMO. No one will beat the Hawks in the third round/SCF when Kane is back. The problem is getting through to those rounds.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
LA isn't much of a concern, IMO. No one will beat the Hawks in the third round/SCF when Kane is back. The problem is getting through to those rounds.

I obviously like he Hawks chance if they can get Kane back, but that doesn't mean thy are guaranteed victory.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Depending on what wild card they draw, the Blackhawks could meet them in the 2nd round, before Kane gets back (according to his current schedule... he could come back early, I guess).

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
The Kings still have a good shot at the 2-3 seed. I'm really hoping they end up there, they aren't going to miss the playoffs, and that the Wild end up as the Pacific wild card. Would help balance the brackets a bit.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Wild are going to beat the Blues tonight. Hawks 3 pts behind the Blues with 2 more games against them. 3 pts behind the Preds with a game in hand. Winning the division is a very real possibility. Wild also only 5 points back, but the Hawks have a game in hand there.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Won't be easy for the Kings though, will be a fight to make the PO...Doughty logging huge minutes, i wonder how much he'll have left in the tank?

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Our old friend Viktor Stalberg with the go-ahead go in the 3rd.

Nashville leading 2-1.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Meanwhile in the east B's on a roll.....Malkin shaken up & Crosby out tonite not good for Pens.

Caps tailing off, Sens & Panthers clawing away, Wings like crap last few games....amazing what happens when any team drops off a bit, a few bad games and next thing you know it your playoff hopes could be hanging on a string.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Seems they are running out of gas, not enough depth perhaps.

I don't think so.

I think they had a tough run for 6 games and they'll be fine. Some of those 6 games they absolutely deserved to lose, others they probably deserved better. Losing streaks can happen.

They just beat a very good LA Kings team on the road and held them to one of their lowest shot totals since the turn of 2015.

The Predators are a good team.

They're beatable in a 7 game series, but it won't be a fun or easy series for the team going against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad