Around the NHL (Part XVIII) - Tankiest tank to have ever tanked

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
After Saad, we don't have anyone needing a significant raise in 2016. If there's a reasonable cap bump in 2016 as expected, we should absolutely sign Seabrook unless he's asking for something ridiculous.

But why should he settle for 6.5 or even 7 when guys like Boychuk are getting 6x7?

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Boychuk deal is beyond absurd unless he continues to produce like this year. Remember he's previous career high is 23pt. His even-strength numbers aren't that great and it's not like he's been playing shutdown minutes for the Isles. Terrible deal IMO.

We're lucky if we can get Seabrook at 7m. At this rate, he might be gettin 8M per in the open market in 2016.

Stan needs to gauge what Seabrook's price is going to be this offseason. There is a good chance that he'll be looking for one last mega-payday and we simply can't afford that. If the price is going to be prohibitive then Stan should consider moving him for a young, cost-controlled D Man.

Would be real nice to have Leddy around going forward.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
In no world would Leddy be replacing Seabrook. Totally different skill sets

He wouldn't replace him 1:1, the Blackhawks would have to adjust around the loss of one of their more physical guys, but moving Hammer up into the 2 spot and letting Leddy anchor the 2nd pairing would hardly be a terrible scenario.

Nothingman*

I would rather have Seabs too. But we won't be able to afford him me thinks.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I would rather have Seabs too. But we won't be able to afford him me thinks.

Maybe not, maybe he takes a 7,7,6,5,4, 4, 3.5 kind of deal. (5.2mil cap hit)

He has his best friends here, has been here his whole career, made lots of money and is in a good role.

But it's not like we could/want to afford Leddy moving forward anyway, so I'm not sure why it's even a discussion.

Nothingman*

With the recent D deals being signed, he isn't giving up roughly $2MM just because he has friends on the team. Unless he is thick in the head as well as his agent.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Kings up 3-0 on Nucks in 3rd

I was hoping to see Kings miss playoffs but I just cant see Canucks and Flames both holding on and making playoffs. One of those teams will falter enough and allow Kings to make it

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Kings up 3-0 on Nucks in 3rd

I was hoping to see Kings miss playoffs but I just cant see Canucks and Flames both holding on and making playoffs. One of those teams will falter enough and allow Kings to make it

unfortunately i think you are correct.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
So the Hawks are 5 points behind the Blues.

They're also 5 points behind the Preds, with 2 games in hand.

This is why you don't crown the Preds as division champs with 20+ games left, or act like the Hawks have no chance at home ice. Hell, they still have a shot at winning the Central, especially if they win both of their remaining games against St. Louis.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
In no world would Leddy be replacing Seabrook. Totally different skill sets

Just because they don't have the same skill set doesn't mean that Leddy can't replace Seabrook. You shuffle around the pairings and deployment and ask guys like Johns and TVR to do some of the stuff Seabrook does that Leddy can't. The point is that if Leddy was here we'd have another proven top 4 defender which would give us one more option heading into the cap crunch this summer. Worst case we still would be able to move Leddy for the return we got this past summer.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
So the Hawks are 5 points behind the Blues.

They're also 5 points behind the Preds, with 2 games in hand.

This is why you don't crown the Preds as division champs with 20+ games left, or act like the Hawks have no chance at home ice. Hell, they still have a shot at winning the Central, especially if they win both of their remaining games against St. Louis.

Who was crowning the Preds? :laugh:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Just because they don't have the same skill set doesn't mean that Leddy can't replace Seabrook. You shuffle around the pairings and deployment and ask guys like Johns and TVR to do some of the stuff Seabrook does that Leddy can't. The point is that if Leddy was here we'd have another proven top 4 defender which would give us one more option heading into the cap crunch this summer. Worst case we still would be able to move Leddy for the return we got this past summer.

Prospects =\= sure thing. Johns and Paliotta could just as easily be the next Clendening or Morin or Pirri. 60ish games into the season and Leddy is apparently already able to carry the defensive load for the Hawks despite never proving it while he was actually here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad