Around the NHL (Part XVIII) - Tankiest tank to have ever tanked

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I think we can hold off for now determining whether the timonen trade worked out or not.
That said, petry/zydlicky were safer, albeit lower upside options, which would have been more prudent.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
It might just be the Civil War buff in me, but if I ever do get a non-Hawks NHL jersey, I'm about 99% sure it'll be a Columbus third.

That being said, to toss out more percentages, I'm about 99% sure that I'll never get a non-Hawks NHL jersey, so.... moot point?

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
It might just be the Civil War buff in me, but if I ever do get a non-Hawks NHL jersey, I'm about 99% sure it'll be a Columbus third.

That being said, to toss out more percentages, I'm about 99% sure that I'll never get a non-Hawks NHL jersey, so.... moot point?

So what you're saying is that there is a 198% chance for..err..umm..

Sorry, I blacked out

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Exactly. They've had the 2 best players in the world on their team healthy for the past 3 years and have done nothing in the playoffs.

It's what happens when you're forced to tie so much money into 2 players. Unfortunately, that happened to the Hawks. We'll see how it plays out in the future.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
It's what happens when you're forced to tie so much money into 2 players. Unfortunately, that happened to the Hawks. We'll see how it plays out in the future.

Incorrect. That's what happens when you sink so much money in 2 players and then supplement your team by trading draft picks and having one of the worst farm systems in hockey. Not so with the Hawks IMO but we'll see.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Timmonen trade is a success if he gives us solid defensive depth in the playoffs. To judge the move now in March, while he's reacclimating himself to the game and to the Hawks, is missing the point of the trade IMO

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
Some on this board think Saad will get 5mil. Imagine how much Blue will have to pay Tarasenko after this season.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
I don't really care about the standings at this point - and don't care who we face at all.

I did check tonight and see that, yet again, LA is out of playoff position.

There's really no team to be 'scared' of. That doesn't mean we'll automatically beat every team. But still. Competition is what it is - and all we can really do is sit back and patiently wait.

this...yep!

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I'm thinking things are shaping up pretty well for our little team on the edge of the lake.

giphy.gif

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Perds up 2-0 heading into 3rd and give up 4 straight

4-2 Ducks with 5 mins left

The Preds are a good team that played their absolute best for 60 games against teams that weren't necessarily matching their intensity. Not saying they're a bad team but a games 1-60 are waaaaaaay different than games 61-82 and playoffs

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
They win the division they get the Kings. If they finish 2nd they get us :laugh:

Technically they need to win the top seed in conference, not just the division, to get an 8th seed Kings. But a Kings-Blues or Kings-Ducks 1st round matchup would be kind of amusing.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
The Preds are a good team that played their absolute best for 60 games against teams that weren't necessarily matching their intensity. Not saying they're a bad team but a games 1-60 are waaaaaaay different than games 61-82 and playoffs

Plus, Rinne hasn't been quite the force he was before getting hurt. Not sure if it's a physical or mental thing though.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The Vegas ticket drive apparently hit 9,000 season tickets, with their goal of 10,000 almost assuredly being a sure thing soon.

Anyone else think that the NHL's definitely going to announce an expansion at the awards show in Vegas this year? 2016-17 for when the new arena will be ready.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
The Vegas ticket drive apparently hit 9,000, with their goal of 10,000 almost assuredly being a sure thing soon.

Anyone else think that the NHL's definitely going to announce an expansion at the awards show in Vegas this year? 2016-17 for when the new arena will be ready.

I agree. I'm watching this expansion stuff closely...An expansion draft in 2016 is not a great scenario for the Hawks. We are probably purging all of our dead weight this summer then you have to leave some people open to be drafted the next summer. The only eligible players for the draft will be our core players, everyone else is going to be young ELCers who aren't eligible.

Something to keep an eye on. Still way too early to be worried about it but i will be factoring in to GM's decisions this summer in a significant way.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
wow havnt looked at the standings in a while. the hawks are actually in a pretty good position. with an outside shot at a presidents trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad