Around the NHL - Part XLIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
So... I don't want to seem heartless... But I'm also curious.

What does Columbus do now?

What are the contract ramifications now that we're days away from camps opening?

Tob

Sep 16, 2017

What are the contract ramifications now that we're days away from camps opening?
They were never going to be good enough to compete in the metro, this probably gives them a year or two of rebuilding more traditionally as opposed to trying to break out of bottom 10 in the league into a playoff spot by sheer will.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm sure his cap hit will be wiped off the books. Where they go from here, who knows...
They are going to be under the cap if (and when that's the case). I wonder if the NHL is going to give them a bit of a waiver there. They should.

It's not too hard to get over the cap though, just sign a guy like Tyson Barrie to a 1y 5M contract I guess :laugh:

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
It was a single lane in either direction, no 'left lane'

Street View · Google Maps

The offender passed on the right when the car ahead pulled to the center to give clearance to the brothers on the right shoulder. Recklessness was not a slow car, it was an asshole passing (illegally) on the right.

I was girding myself for bicycle victim blaming, but takes the cake that other vehicles, by all accounts navigating the road legally, somehow forced this asshole to kill two fathers.
Is it victim blaming to question why these guys were willing to take the risk of riding on a rural road like that at dusk? What happened to them is obviously horrible, and I hope the driver gets the book thrown at him, but as a guy who likes a nice bike ride I personally ensure my routes avoid roads like that for exactly the reasons you cited. Drivers are insane, and inept, and I refuse to put myself at risk like that.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood

It’s f*cked up man, Johnny definitely had the chance to be a 90pt guy again if they got the right group around him. He was definitely not fully cooked.

What a horrific situation. Always liked him, always cool to see elite Americans growing in this sport.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He got himsel

He got drunk.

He intentionally got behind the wheel of a car, turning the car into a deadly weapon.

What more do we need?

ZERO tolerance for drunk drivers. ZERO.
I have zero tolerance for drunk drivers. He will be charged in their homicides but that is not the definition of first degree murder. I wish it was but I do not make the laws.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Is it victim blaming to question why these guys were willing to take the risk of riding on a rural road like that at dusk? What happened to them is obviously horrible, and I hope the driver gets the book thrown at him, but as a guy who likes a nice bike ride I personally ensure my routes avoid roads like that for exactly the reasons you cited. Drivers are insane, and inept, and I refuse to put myself at risk like that.
Bike riding is huge where I live as are horrible distracted drivers. Its a bad combination. If I was to ride a bike I would only do it on the sidewalk because I do not trust the drivers. Too many drunks. Too many old drivers. Too many distracted young drivers.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I think we should all just be a little more cautious when going out the next few weeks with a holiday weekend and the NFL coming back and not worry about cap implications or why a Go Fund Me was set up for the families or trying to work on a fantasy trade of Kakko and Lindgren anywhere. I'm going to a bachelor party in a few weeks and it's already been brought up in the group chat.

Be a human for a minute. We're better than any of that junk that's on Instagram or Twitter. We're better than that.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I think we should all just be a little more cautious when going out the next few weeks with a holiday weekend and the NFL coming back and not worry about cap implications or why a Go Fund Me was set up for the families or trying to work on a fantasy trade of Kakko and Lindgren anywhere. I'm going to a bachelor party in a few weeks and it's already been brought up in the group chat.

Be a human for a minute. We're better than any of that junk that's on Instagram or Twitter. We're better than that.
Agree 100%. The takeaway is to be a better person. Road rage can kill in an instant and you’re never coming back from it. That guy had a bad 10 seconds and ended 3 lives. 2 beautiful souls were lost and their families are left to pick up the pieces. Take a deep breath next time you’re frustrated behind the wheel. It’s not worth it. Don’t drink and drive…ever.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017

Man, Johnny even scored the OT winner of that game too 😭

Both heartbreaking and heartwarming to watch. Puts things in perspective.

US Open touched on that nicely during a segment today on ESPN. I’ll admit I’m not proud after that, and after watching Netflix’s La Liga, of all the times I’ve taunted (or worse) our players. Hockey is their job, but they’re still humans with families, friends, etc.

• Love
Reactions: Roo Returns

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Yeah I have put over 1k miles on a road bike and just recently switched to mountain biking.....off road has its challenges but there are no distracted drivers n the woods

Reactions: Ail and NickyFotiu

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Yeah I have put over 1k miles on a road bike and just recently switched to mountain biking.....off road has its challenges but there are no distracted drivers n the woods
Just you wait, I've had far more hospital visits from mtbing than I ever did on the roadie :laugh:

Although you guys do have far more cars on the road than we do, which would lead to even more idiots behind the wheel

Reactions: Ail and cheech70

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
Draisaitl 8x14 extension beginning 2025 season.

good-lawd-money.gif

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Aging curves tend to hit slower players the hardest (John Tavares). Edmonton fans will run out of patience with Draisatl and his $14AAV cap hit by year 4 of the new contract.

Reactions: Kords

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
So Condor gonna fetch at least 16 mil, right? Casual 30 million locked up on 2 players... Amazing players worth the money, but how do you even manage that?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I watched the pre bail court hearing. Because of the holiday the judge said the drunk driver is in at least until Thursday. The drunk driver was polite but you could see his disappointment when he was told that he had no chance to get out until Thursday. When I saw that I was thinking does this guy understand that he killed two people? What is he thinking? He is going to be in jail for a lot longer than Thursday unless he has other plans like running (after bail) or harming himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad