Around the NHL - Part XLIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
think about being a kid in a new country, all the pressure to succeed, and david f***ing quinn is trying to coach you.

kakko may never recover
Well at least they will be good defensively cause that's most important to Quinn i believe.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
RIP Johnny hockey , and his brother Matthew, horrible news to wake up to this morning.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
RIP Johnny & Matthew. I pray for their souls, for their families, friends, Jackets fans who’ve now lost 2 players in shocking deaths in the past 3 years. And for Kevin Hayes.

Absolutely heartbreaking he had a newborn baby and another baby as well. My dad passed away when I was 1, people say it’s not as bad as losing a parent when you’re old enough to remember them but I beg to differ. You have no solace in good memories. Even if you don’t consciously remember when you were a baby, you’re a sponge to everything around you and it’s the most influential time of your life. And now it’s spent with everyone around you grieving instead of the normal joy that’s supposed to surround a young baby. Definitely has an effect on you and you go your whole life wondering what if.

A horrible day for the hockey world

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
Rip Johnny and Matthew. Condolences to their family and friends.

Also f*** drunk drivers.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
An unthinkable tragedy and a humbling reminder of the delicate nature of life itself.

A horror for family, friends, colleagues, fans, and the sports world.

Devastating in every way.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I never know what the appropriate thing to say in situations like this is aside from that I wish every kindness on their families moving forward and that drunk driving and drug overdoses are two of the deadly scourges of modern society that I hope we eventually find a solution for.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
I never know what the appropriate thing to say in situations like this is aside from that I wish every kindness on their families moving forward and that drunk driving and drug overdoses are two of the deadly scourges of modern society that I hope we eventually find a solution for.
My utter sadness of the situation just lead to overwhelming anger. Nothing will change until individuals themselves, society, and our "leaders" take these things seriously. Until then, these tragedies will keep on happening over and over.

It shouldn't be lost that if Johnny wasn't a famous hockey player, he would have still been bicycling on that road with his brother, they still would have both been killed and there would be a family destroyed. Most of us would just have never known about it.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I know Drunk Driving isn’t a new thing, but the way people have been conducting themselves on the road post-Covid has been pretty terrifying. There seems to be this mindset today that you don’t owe anything to the strangers around you, and it’s reflecting in attitudes and behaviors.

A car isn’t just a means of transportation. It can also be a weapon that can kill people. I wish more people understood this before drinking before getting behind the wheel, or racing against other drivers, or in some places just out and out ignoring traffic lights and stop signs.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
I know Drunk Driving isn’t a new thing, but the way people have been conducting themselves on the road post-Covid has been pretty terrifying. There seems to be this mindset today that you don’t owe anything to the strangers around you, and it’s reflecting in attitudes and behaviors.

A car isn’t just a means of transportation. It can also be a weapon that can kill people. I wish more people understood this before drinking before getting behind the wheel, or racing against other drivers, or in some places just out and out ignoring traffic lights and stop signs.

Mr. Ballen - a YouTuber - made a new episode on Sunday where he talked about a driver who thought he hit a deer.

Son of a bitch was so sloshed that he not only hit a bystander, but the man went through his windshield, the body was in the passenger side, and he stopped in a parking lot to ask for a charger to charge his phone STILL THINKING he hit a deer that made his car start smoking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad