Around the NHL - Part XLIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Why is no one talking about it on this board?
Because it hasn't been confirmed. Does it look good? No. I mean people close to the situation on reddit post it before it even came about. But it still speculation right now so we can't just talk about it.

Last edited:

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Why did they ever think that Quinn was the right choice for this team? Ugh.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA how many times are we gonna hear the same thing about this f***ing moron? Its hilarious that this is happening again. Don't forget that Barabanov was reportedly almost a Ranger too. Apparently a deal was in place but the Sharks used up their last retention slot in the Hertl trade so it fell through. But shame on the organization for allowing Quinn to be here that long, and even worse yet allowing our prospects to come in under his wing. It seems like a lazy knee jerk sort of scapegoat blaming David Quinn but there's obviously truth behind it. How many times are we going to hear it from different players? It's incredible how we drafted 2 guys that were about as high end as you could possibly get and they looked completely lost. I remember when Lafrenière scored that between the legs move against Detroit a couple years ago under Gallant and I thought to myself... I can't remember even a single time in his first year where he even attempted to do something resembling a move. Those kids were playing completely bland risk-averse hockey. That's exactly what DQ was preaching, we've heard it time and time again now. Seriously these kids had to unlearn whatever dumbshit nonsense Quinn was blabbering about. JFC what an idiot, that guy pisses me off 🤣

Reactions: CLW and Tob

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
AHAHAHAHAHAHA how many times are we gonna hear the same thing about this f***ing moron? Its hilarious that this is happening again. Don't forget that Barabanov was reportedly almost a Ranger too. Apparently a deal was in place but the Sharks used up their last retention slot in the Hertl trade so it fell through. But shame on the organization for allowing Quinn to be here that long, and even worse yet allowing our prospects to come in under his wing. It seems like a lazy knee jerk sort of scapegoat blaming David Quinn but there's obviously truth behind it. How many times are we going to hear it from different players? It's incredible how we drafted 2 guys that were about as high end as you could possibly get and they looked completely lost. I remember when Lafrenière scored that between the legs move against Detroit a couple years ago under Gallant and I thought to myself... I can't remember even a single time in his first year where he even attempted to do something resembling a move. Those kids were playing completely bland risk-averse hockey. That's exactly what DQ was preaching, we've heard it time and time again now. Seriously these kids had to unlearn whatever dumbshit nonsense Quinn was blabbering about. JFC what an idiot, that guy pisses me off 🤣
think about being a kid in a new country, all the pressure to succeed, and david f***ing quinn is trying to coach you.

kakko may never recover

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Because it hasn't been confirmed. Does it look good? No. I mean people close to the situation on reddit post it before it even came about. But it stills speculation right now so we can't just talk about it.
Yea it looks bad. Hope it’s not true but there was definitely a horrible fatal accident involving 2 bicyclists yesterday in south Jersey.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
As far as Quinn's time as an NHL coach. He was hired to coach two teams in a retool/rebuild kind of status and it's almost impossible to win consistently in that kind of situation. Your most talented guys are kids just getting their feet wet and in various states of readiness. We can piss all over Quinn but it's not as if he was dealt a very good hand. The Sharks he inherited had vets (with the exception of Hertl) way past their time or raw prospects/rookies. Last year he had no D really capable of running a power play.

Looking at the Rangers it was like I should I push Howden or Lias Andersson into our lineup and neither had the skill level or were really ready for the NHL. What to do with Julien Gauthier and Libor Hajek or is Tony DeAngelo capable or amenable enough to learn how to defend? Kaapo Kakko as a rookie falling all over the place. The kind of shit that happens when a team bottoms out and is trying to figure out how to rise again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad