Around the NHL - Part XLIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

This is ridiculous. I don't get this stupid rule. Its not offending anyone. If I was Duclair I'd ask to be dealt. My body my choice. Its not like his hair was a distraction. Imagine if Bettman had this throughout the NHL. Lou has to go. So dumb

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com

This is ridiculous. I don't get this stupid rule. Its not offending anyone. If I was Duclair I'd ask to be dealt. My body my choice. Its not like his hair was a distraction. Imagine if Bettman had this throughout the NHL. Lou has to go. So dumb
Eh... I'd feel different if he was traded there and was then forced to cut his hair.

But he signed there knowing how backwards that organization is.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC

Same rule that Yankees have. Don't know if Cincy Reds still have it.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Same rule that Yankees have. Don't know if Cincy Reds still have it.
Didn't Johnny Cueto have dreds forever?

Lou's been doing this for years along with no facial hair prior to the playoffs (Kyle Palmieri when he got traded to the Islanders anyone?). He also had made young players use traditional hockey numbers (remember when it was controversy with Ho Sang?). This article is literally not the definition of "news".

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Didn't Lou let Jagr wear 68?
I mentioned young players above. I know Jagr is forever young at heart and all......

He'd let veterans keep their numbers because they've earned it and are professionals was his rationale, but young players like Beauvilier had to change his number.

I honestly don't recall.
Confirmed I'm not crazy.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site

Essentially:
Hertl + 2025 3rd (SJ) + 2027 3rd (SJ) + Magnus Chrona (probably warm body)
for
Askarov, 2025 3rd (COL), Nolan Burke (warm body)

Also, NABOKOV 2.0
love it

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
What's also nice about SJ, their AHL affiliate, the Barracuda, play in the same town so that is really nice. So even if Askarov doesn't make the team right away, he's really close to the staff and can get called up at a moment's notice.

Askarov + 3rd for Edstrom + 1st was pretty steep though.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
What's also nice about SJ, their AHL affiliate, the Barracuda, play in the same town so that is really nice. So even if Askarov doesn't make the team right away, he's really close to the staff and can get called up at a moment's notice.
I would have to imagine they are keeping him up. Money is not an insignificant part of the trade request. Make 950k in the NHL, or make 75K in the AHL. Askarov has been doing the latter for two years already.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Essentially:
Hertl + 2025 3rd (SJ) + 2027 3rd (SJ) + Magnus Chrona (probably warm body)
for
Askarov, 2025 3rd (COL), Nolan Burke (warm body)

Also, NABOKOV 2.0
love it

Poor (sorry for the pun) Askarov going from zero tax state to the highest US state tax rate location.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Wisconsin is not a zero state tax state.

Making NHL money taxed at a high rate is better than making AHL money taxed at a slightly less high rate.

He was never going to play in Tennessee.
Huh? He’s expectations finishing last season was that he’d play in the NHL in 24-25 (for Preds. (Obviously I didn’t refer to Wisconsin - in the context of my post as a tax-free state ).

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
Hockey Snoopy Boring.jpg

• Love
Reactions: NYR94 and majordomo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad