Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
Not sure if mentioned already but is Sean Mcdonough under the weather? No energy. I mean its game 3 of the SCF.
Pretty much par for the course. He's just awful. It's nothing personal but TNT is light years ahead of ESPN with their coverage and McDonough is their black hole where excitement ceases to exist.

Reactions: bl02

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I do not understand the boner for putting Laf on PP1 so he can ask for 8/80.

Reactions: Ail

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Binnington, an AHL goalie, who won the Cup backstopping like the 15th best team. That was the most "nothing matters" championship in sports history.

Despite the Rangers having concerning earmarks, I get why people maintain hope. Average teams have won the Stanley Cup.

Vegas is not a very good hockey team either. And they pantsed this (actually amazing) Florida team because they shot 102% for a few weeks and some guy was good for them in net.

This Florida team is clearly better than last year's edition.

I think they're a pretty good study on what you SHOULD do in an offseason when you make it far and come up short (and that was a team that had no business moving beyond round 2. This Rangers team bowed out when they should have.)

Cut ties with your worst players and replace them with better players. For everyone clamoring about how its not possible to replace half of your D, thats exactly what Florida did between their finals visits. I get it, going to be harder as our problems play higher in the lineup and one of them has a big contract that has term left on it, but take care of 2 of the 3 potential openings now and figure out the other one later.

They don't need to burn down the house (even if there are some bigger contracts I'd love to get out of here.) Fix your most glaring issues and my guess is that the other ones won't matter as much anymore.

Crap, just realised that Okposo is going to get his name on the Cup... :(

Honestly with everything he's been through the fact that he's still playing is pretty incredible.

It's f***ing dumb IMO, but incredible. If there is anyone on his team that deserves to win its him.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This Florida team is clearly better than last year's edition.

I think they're a pretty good study on what you SHOULD do in an offseason when you make it far and come up short (and that was a team that had no business moving beyond round 2. This Rangers team bowed out when they should have.)

Cut ties with your worst players and replace them with better players. For everyone clamoring about how its not possible to replace half of your D, thats exactly what Florida did between their finals visits. I get it, going to be harder as our problems play higher in the lineup and one of them has a big contract that has term left on it, but take care of 2 of the 3 potential openings now and figure out the other one later.

They don't need to burn down the house (even if there are some bigger contracts I'd love to get out of here.) Fix your most glaring issues and my guess is that the other ones won't matter as much anymore.
Yeah, like, Zibanejad is mid af but he's clearly our second best center. Plenty of bad 2C's have won. Chandler Stephenson low-key sucks ass.

Panarin makes too much money but he isn't an active detriment pushing the team backwards.

The team has warts but the one thing legit bad is their defense corps. I would unironically rank it near the bottom of the league. Like, sure, we have Fox but if you look at actual results, Fox is basically neutralized at this point. The pair he's on sucks.

Finding a good partner for Fox would be like this team acquiring a Norris winner.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If Evan Bouchard were a Ranger he would be called the worst player of all time and people would be claiming that Ryan Lindgren is better than he is.

On the real, this has been a nightmare series for him on every level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad