Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
If Oilers get swept, we gonna see any Riots?

I'm sure there's a bet to take on that right?

I thought Panthers winning would make me feel slightly better but damn just making me feel worse seeing how the Oilers are playing.

Losing that game 4....

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The Oilers have dominated puck possession all year. Not having an NHL goalie really shines when the other team can play with them.
Skinner was fine against a very good Dallas team. Weren't you touting Skinner about a week ago?

It's not Vancouver.

• Wow
Reactions: qwertyaas

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne

I thought Panthers winning would make me feel slightly better but damn just making me feel worse seeing how the Oilers are playing.

Losing that game 4....
Does Edmonton actually have enough people in it for anything to constitute a riot?

:naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: qwertyaas

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I closed the book on goaltending when Matt ass Murray was fantastic in back to back Cup runs.

He was literally never an NHL caliber goalie. Like all stupid ass goalies, he was Hasek for 50 games once. Those 50 games came in two separate Cup runs.

It is the dumbest thing in the world.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I closed the book on goaltending when Matt ass Murray was fantastic in back to back Cup runs.

He was literally never an NHL caliber goalie. Like all stupid ass goalies, he was Hasek for 50 games once. Those 50 games came in two separate Cup runs.

But it's important to win a championship and otherwise good teams like Toronto, Carolina, and Edmonton don't have it.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

I don't know if this is true.

He got hurt pretty early in his career and continued to get hurt. He may have been good but his body never gave us the chance to find out.

Binnington otoh is a f*** wad who sucks balls. Ditto the Colorado duo that won a few years ago.

Reactions: Machinehead

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Remember when people were saying the Oilers were going to spank the Panthers?

4b696d50959e78fe23f218383ffcd9af.gif

cat-haha-laughing-nk7vn2cbh0mru31b.gif

7nj1e2.gif

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
But it's important to win a championship and otherwise good teams like Toronto, Carolina, and Edmonton don't have it.
I'm not saying the act of goaltending isn't important, I'm saying it's random. Absolute AHL f***wads can carry a team to a Cup and Hall of Famers can lose a series by themselves. It's the most random position in sports. That's why I would never invest that much cap in it. If there wasn't a cap, then yeah, it's a totally different perspective.

Reactions: mike14

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't know if this is true.

He got hurt pretty early in his career and continued to get hurt. He may have been good but his body never gave us the chance to find out.

Binnington otoh is a f*** wad who sucks balls. Ditto the Colorado duo that won a few years ago.
Binnington, an AHL goalie, who won the Cup backstopping like the 15th best team. That was the most "nothing matters" championship in sports history.

Despite the Rangers having concerning earmarks, I get why people maintain hope. Average teams have won the Stanley Cup.

Vegas is not a very good hockey team either. And they pantsed this (actually amazing) Florida team because they shot 102% for a few weeks and some guy was good for them in net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad