Around the NHL (Part XIII): RIP Bob Suter

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
looks like Dale Tallon is truly trying to make Florida the Chicago of the South as he is likely landing Dave Bolland according to reports...for 6-7 years???? :laugh: :laugh:

these contracts are nuts if Bolland gets that length. he hasn't proven to stay healthy lately and not sure giving him that type of contract will motivate him to do so..

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
looks like Dale Tallon is truly trying to make Florida the Chicago of the South as he is likely landing Dave Bolland according to reports...for 6-7 years???? :laugh: :laugh:

these contracts are nuts if Bolland gets that length. he hasn't proven to stay healthy lately and not sure giving him that type of contract will motivate him to do so..

Sounds like Clarkson 2.0. :biglaugh:

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Tallon is the bizarro version of Mad Mike!

Bolland was an awesome 3rd line/4th line shutdown centre in the playoffs but in the regular season he never scored more than 19 goals and never hit 50 points. He never was able to take the #2C position in Chicago when it was up for grabs nor stay healthy long enough, so if Dale signs him for an enormous contract he's gonna have to play him in the Top 6 to warrant that contract. Good luck with that.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
All I know is that I'm damn glad that today was the end of the month. Workload's gonna be cut significantly as a result and I'll be able to spend a good deal of the time listening to NHL talk and goofing off around here.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
@renlavoietva: Paul Stastny and the Avalanche were not able to get a deal done. He'll hit the market tomorrow. #tvasports

Guy is going to get huge money

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Would definitely be a step back for the Avalanche if Statsny goes elsewhere. Don't want to see him with the Blues though.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Bolland getting paid long term will be a contract that's known immediately as a mistake.

Which makes me thinks the Leafs still have one more stupid offer to make to him.

Something similar happened with Bozak last year - he went to UFA on the first day and then just signed with the Leafs. Now, my suspicion was that despite his agent's tactics, he didn't get better offers than the Leafs...where here it sounds like Tallon will throw something stupid at Bolland.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
You would have to be insane to give him more than a one year deal. Guy is always hurt, has never scored 20, has been over 40 points just once, and seriously overperformed during the 2010 run. He's damaged goods. His demands are stupid.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
You would have to be insane to give him more than a one year deal. Guy is always hurt, has never scored 20, has been over 40 points just once, and seriously overperformed during the 2010 run. He's damaged goods. His demands are stupid.

...so basically a stupid contract from Nonis or Tallon is guaranteed.

member 151739

I know that people enjoy being first to deliver information, but posting a fake trade or signing tomorrow will not be tolerated.

Thank you.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Bolland to Tallon? Maybe he signs Havlat too and reunites them.

Kontiola is better now than 6 years back and could actually Play in the NHL

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Not if the ROR situation gets as ugly as it might (+ He could get another offer sheet)

...even before you get to ROR, the Av's D is a joke and they're heavily reliant on Varlamov to fake out the rest of the roster's problems.

Even if the Avs brought back the same roster from this year, I'd be looking at the team to take a hit.

Andy Johnson ‏@AndyJohnsonB5Q 20m
Sounds like Columbus is ready to let @JackSkille hit the free agent market. He deserves a 1-way contract somewhere next season.

Last edited:

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
i really wish jack skille could have put his game together. i was rooting for him for a good long while. got give him credit for giving his all at least, even if all he had to give was a steaming pile :/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Skille deserves a one way deal after scoring 4 goals in 16 games and having 1 assist in 6 playoff games?

I sure as hell wouldn't invest a roster spot in him if I was a GM and I used to be a big defender of Skille's when he was Hawk prospect

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Skille is a great guy for a tanking team. Makes the fans happy with the hitting and shot attempts. Helps the team by doing nothing effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad