Around the NHL (Part XIII): RIP Bob Suter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Subban at an $8.5M AAV would cost the Lightning four first-round picks. It would be the same ordeal as Weber's OS with the Flyers.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
“We’re not even close,†Johansen told The Dispatch. “They say ‘We want to sign you to a ‘bridge’ deal.’ We say ‘We don’t want to do a ‘bridge,’ and that’s the end of it.â€

The Blue Jackets want to sign Johansen to a two- or three-year contract, which would expire when he still was a restricted free agent.

Johansen, 21, who led the Blue Jackets and was 11th in the NHL with 33 goals last season, wants at least a four-year deal, sources said, after which he would become an unrestricted free agent.

He was the youngest 30-goal scorer in the NHL last season.

“I’ve earned more than a two- or three-year deal with my play,†Johansen said. “It seems a little disrespectful, to be honest.

“I want to play in Columbus, and I want to be a Blue Jacket, but I want to get this done. It seems like a slap in the face.â€

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2014/06/30/johansen-talks-are-at-an-impasse.html

Nothingman*

“We’re not even close,†Johansen told The Dispatch. “They say ‘We want to sign you to a ‘bridge’ deal.’ We say ‘We don’t want to do a ‘bridge,’ and that’s the end of it.â€

The Blue Jackets want to sign Johansen to a two- or three-year contract, which would expire when he still was a restricted free agent.

Johansen, 21, who led the Blue Jackets and was 11th in the NHL with 33 goals last season, wants at least a four-year deal, sources said, after which he would become an unrestricted free agent.

He was the youngest 30-goal scorer in the NHL last season.

“I’ve earned more than a two- or three-year deal with my play,†Johansen said. “It seems a little disrespectful, to be honest.

“I want to play in Columbus, and I want to be a Blue Jacket, but I want to get this done. It seems like a slap in the face.â€

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2014/06/30/johansen-talks-are-at-an-impasse.html

I understand Columbus' strategy. It is the smart thing to do. The player really shouldn't be negotiating in the papers though. I think he will get what he wants though or he might get offer sheeted.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Johansen shouldn't talk like that about his team... slap in the face cause they want to keep him and still pay him millions? Sure dude

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
The last thing Columbus should be doing is playing hardball. Are they they trying to get him to count the days until he's an UFA and can leave?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
MTL appears to want to shed his salary/contract. Could trade him to 1 of 15 approved teams. Failing that, could put him on waivers.

So the Habs might just have to outright dump Gorges

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
MTL appears to want to shed his salary/contract. Could trade him to 1 of 15 approved teams. Failing that, could put him on waivers.

So the Habs might just have to outright dump Gorges

It sounds like the deal the Habs want is with the Leafs, but he won't waive to go there - and I assume that what the Leafs are offering is more desirable than a late pick, etc. If they they want to try to force his hand they can threaten him with waivers, thinking he'll get scared off by the fact that an even less desirable team, such as the Oilers, may pick him up instead.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I thought Gorges was that great... remember that last year Habs fans wanted to say that he isn't that much worse than Hjammer

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I figured it out, the words are all obvious, but had to give you **** anyway :laugh:

Using french is like using Eastern time here. You just don't do it!

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
tumblr_n7zwunN01c1rralb6o2_1280.jpg

I can't stop laughing. That wording is too much for me. :laugh:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Didn't know PA was that bad and/or Briere was good enough for those two to be traded for one another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium