Around the NHL: Panthers win. Onto the business season!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
FWIW, I thought Trouba was just detirmened to stop Rodrigues on the play come hell or high water - I don't think the intent to injure was there, but I also don't think he particularly cared if he did or not as long as he stopped the chance.

I thought two was the right call. Looked more back of the neck than head.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
2 minutes? There's more intent on that elbow than this one:

giphy.gif

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
It was a helluva shot though, perfect placement
Agree. I got a sense of too much relaxation on the Panthers part when Trocheck slipped the check and had time to make a centering pass. Add that no one covered Goodrow..... probably because no one thought he needed to be covered.

That play turned the game for the Rangers.

Helluva tip by Wennberg. I know there's a bit of luck involved, but it sure seemed like he intentionally got his shaft in the way.
LOL.... (the innuendo is classic....!)

• Haha
Reactions: Old Navy Goat

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

That Shawn Simpson tweet started a bizarre debate. Its point is false and easy prove so. Yet “hockey guys” like Simpson and Methot keep arguing it’s true, mostly by trying to change what was said in the original tweet.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Of all the players that have become vilified over the last couple decades (your Torres and Cookes, for example), I cannot for the life of me understand how Trouba keeps getting a pass from the pitchfork mob. He’s been a dirty, headhunting piece of shit for years, and has dialed it up to 11 this playoffs.

It really depends on which way the winds are blowing- Wilson and Torres got lengthy suspensions at the height of CTE concerns, now that’s old news and the league is allowed to not give a shit anymore. The fact that Trouba isn’t particularly good at making his dirty hit attempts land helps, because the league will absolutely swing from 0 to 100 the next time a guy gets seriously hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad