Around the NHL: Panthers win. Onto the business season!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
The Oilers are rewriting their script. They are no longer the Toronto analog, they're a lot harder and heavier to play against. If not for the substandard tending, they aren't really that similar to Toronto at all any longer.
Did it in a much smarter way than Toronto too. By getting guys who are tough to play against but actually good at the sport.

They still need to find a way to get Darnell Nurse's contract off the books in any fashion though. I don't even think he's terrible but he's legit a #3. Maybe a low end 2.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I think Brown just passed the puck to the opposing goalie to force an even strength ozone faceoff.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
That 2nd period by the Oilers was one of the worst I've seen effort wise in the playoffs. I think the first shot came 14 mins into the 2nd?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

So, he gets moved at the draft, right?

:sarcasm:

Multiple teams around the NHL have called the Carolina Hurricanes regarding the availability of forward Martin Necas, sources told The Athletic's Pierre LeBrun.

The 25-year-old is a restricted free agent with arbitration rights who can become an unrestricted free agent in 2026. Evolving-Hockey projects Necas will earn $8.8 million annually on an eight-year contract.

Keeping Necas could prove difficult for the Hurricanes considering Seth Jarvis and Jack Drury are also RFAs who are due for raises. Plus, the team has multiple notable UFAs, including Jake Guentzel, Teuvo Teravainen, Jordan Martinook, Brady Skjei, and Brett Pesce. The team is reportedly attempting to keep Guentzel and Skjei.

----------------------------------------

The Hurricanes reportedly dangled Necas in trade discussions involving Elias Pettersson before the Swede ultimately signed an extension with the Vancouver Canucks this season. Necas was reportedly also included in trade offers to the Calgary Flames for Matthew Tkachuk in 2022.

Carolina would want a star-caliber player back in any package for Necas, LeBrun added.

The Hurricanes drafted Necas 12th overall in 2017.

I can't imagine giving up a star-caliber player for Necas and then giving him an 8x$8-9M deal.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Yeah that contract and the reported ask for Necas is no bueno ..

This kinda screams Chicago but not sure they have a player to give up that would entice Carolina

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I don't understand the point of having the position of POHO if it's the same person as the GM

But whatever
Maybe this is with an eye to the future, when Waddell, in the role of POHO, finds a new GM, I don’t know.

Reactions: Zman5778

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I wouldn’t have minded Waddell in a PoHO role but I knew it wasn’t likely to happen.

I will be interested to see how he does in Columbus.
His reputation as a GM before Carolina was “meh” (at best). He did well in Carolina but how much of that was him? And how much was Dundon/Tulsky/Brind’amor and Carolina’s scouting dept. (that was already in place before Waddell)? I don’t know the answer to that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad