Around the NHL: Panthers win. Onto the business season!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Watching this Rangers/Panthers game is black pilling me.

The intense checking and man coverage is something i don't see the current Sabres club will ever be able to pull off at this level.
Combine the quality of talent with the quality of the coaching and add a solid cupful of buy in and you too can have this type of hockey team.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I sure wish we still had Reinhart. He has been flying out there.
He should've been locked up long-term coming off his ELC. Can you imagine him as one of our top-6 Cs?

He was really coming into his own the season before he was traded. It felt like once Eichel was out injured and Granato gave him a shot at center- he took his game to a whole different level. He looked like a leader closing out the year. A year in which the team had nothing to play for.

I also noticed him utilizing his wrist shot more, scoring from many different areas of the ice. I wanted him locked up long-term.

That being said, Levi alone is an amazing consolation prize. If he hits on his potential, all will be forgiven.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I am NOT an expert on the NHL rulebook. But I know for certain that USA Hockey does not allow an opposing player to obstruct (check and pin) the attacking player when the puck has been passed, deflected or otherwise pushed forward beyond the point of contact.

That non call resulted in the Stars scoring an EN goal.

There were also at least two, maybe 3 instances of the Stars having too many men on the ice when executing a line change during the 3rd period. No calls made.

Of course not. The Oilers PP is devastating. The refs cannot allow them any opportunities. Especially after DeBoers whined mightily about it.

They had the Oilers back peddling the whole time, worried about getting caught by the breakout
Because Dallas automatically shoots the opposite wing out to the red line and beyond upon their D's recovery of the puck in their own zone.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I am NOT an expert on the NHL rulebook. But I know for certain that USA Hockey does not allow an opposing player to obstruct (check and pin) the attacking player when the puck has been passed, deflected or otherwise pushed forward beyond the point of contact.

That non call resulted in the Stars scoring an EN goal.

There were also at least two, maybe 3 instances of the Stars having too many men on the ice when executing a line change during the 3rd period. No calls made.

Of course not. The Oilers PP is devastating. The refs cannot allow them any opportunities. Especially after DeBoers whined mightily about it.

Because Dallas automatically shoots the opposite wing out to the red line and beyond upon their D's recovery of the puck in their own zone.
never change, NHL.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad