NHL Around the NHL - Offseason moves and rumblings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
This will be the biggest signing of the off season!!

Bruins traded a third rounder for him

Only 12% or 4 of the 3rd round play an average of 246 games

I hated the trade still do be statistically it’s in favor of the team getting the player

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Good stay in the West, just like Tavares Boston or West is the best case scenario.

I don't know, if he comes to our division and is actually on an NHL roster and dressed (two huge ifs right there!) he's good to give us a couple of extra powerplays a game :nod:

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I don’t know what they will get but saying Carlo is in the 4 mil range is absurd. I’ve read that here.

Why is it absurd? People get so hung up in points...dude is a solid defensive dman that plays against top lines.

Hjalmarsson got over 4million with the Blackhawks....if he regresses this year from the injury, different story....but if doesn't, he will put up solid numbers

Reactions: Strafer

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Why is it absurd? People get so hung up in points...dude is a solid defensive dman that plays against top lines.

Hjalmarsson got over 4million with the Blackhawks....if he regresses this year from the injury, different story....but if doesn't, he will put up solid numbers
He isn’t 4 mil good.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I don’t know what they will get but saying Carlo is in the 4 mil range is absurd. I’ve read that here.

in the 22-27 age range where McAvoy and carlo will be when they are locking in on 4-6 year deals we see

Hamilton at 5.75
Ekman Larson at 5.5
parayko at 5.5 mill
barrie at 5.5
jones at 5.4
ristolainen at 5.4
orlov at 5.1
Lindholm at 5.25
rielly at 5
fault 4.83
gotisbehere at 4.5
Zaitsev 4.5
klefbom 4.167
brodin 4.166
Larson 4.166
sversson 4.166
demoulin 4.1
maatta 4.083
gardiner also over 4...

so clearly McAvoy is well above 4... and easily into the 5.5 range... and that would only get him to the level guys were signing for 2-3-4 years ago

will he get 6?

as for carol... with guys like Zaitsev, klefbom, brodin, Larson and demoulin at 4... I wouldn't let him sign for much less than 4 if im his agent. I mean connor murphy just get 3.75. erik grubranson just got 3.5. an arbitrator is going to give carlo a similar number on a 1 year if he goes to arbitration

up front we see quite a range in the 21-25 age range where debrusk and Heinen will be if they sign 2-3 years

bo havat is at 5.5
neiterreiter is at 5.25
galchenyuk 4.9
arvidsson 4.25
pearsson 3.75
pageau 3.1
hertl 3
teravainen 2.86
jt miller just finished his 2.75

so... I think both debrusk and Heinen are already building a strong argument for 3 mill... but if either can break through with a 25 goal/50 point season this year we are well over 4 mill for them

remember even if we don't want to pay them... they will be able to get to arbitration soon. so they will get paid

im predicting {if we want them on long term deals}
McAvoy very close to 6
carlo… sorry hes going to have a case for 4
debrusk… at least 4
Heinen... might be closer to 3

call it 17-18 mill though... and im betting you will think my numbers are crazy but they are comprables to what is in the league and that is what arbitration is all about

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I know the toughness crew will try and twist that into a positive, but that is horrendous. Vegas overpaying him grossly. Congrats to him.

and people are saying lucic at half retained wouldn't have a lot of value :)

this contract isn't quite as bad as the bickell deal a few years back or the clarksson deal... but it will end the same way those ones did

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad