Around the NHL - (Off-season edition)

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Not clear that he wanted 8 years.

Yeah, I know. :(

Still, that's what I hoped for. Same goes for most of the young core: lock 'em up early. Wishful thinking, yada yada, but dammit, the heart wants what it wants.

8M Z – 8M Leo – 8M Senn
8M Cutter – 8M MM – 7M TT

8M Minty – 8M Luneau
8M Solberg – 8M Z²

72M. 16M to go.
2M on the bottom pair. 14M.
3M on the 4th line. 11M to spend on a 3rd line.

Foolproof.

Forgot about the goalies. Luckily, the cap is going up, right? :D

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

Still, that's what I hoped for. Same goes for most of the young core: lock 'em up early. Wishful thinking, yada yada, but dammit, the heart wants what it wants.

8M Z – 8M Leo – 8M Senn

8M Minty – 8M Luneau
8M Solberg – 8M Z²

72M. 16M to go.

Foolproof.

Dostal will be cheap for a little bit longer!

Reactions: anezthes

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town

8M Z – 8M Leo – 8M Senn

8M Minty – 8M Luneau
8M Solberg – 8M Z²

72M. 16M to go.

Foolproof.

I mean, I have a hard time seeing Solberg and Z2 commanding $8M. That's at least another 4M right there.

Reactions: anezthes

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
That Askarov business once again showing GMs don't take things seriously with high end prospects. How they don't learn from watching guys like Gauthier, McGroarty. Now Askarov. I wonder who benefits this time, Montreal maybe?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That Askarov business once again showing GMs don't take things seriously with high end prospects. How they don't learn from watching guys like Gauthier, McGroarty. Now Askarov. I wonder who benefits this time, Montreal maybe?
But what is the alternative for Nashville? Piss of their starting goalie that is good now and wait for a prospect to mature to be put in that place?

Or was there something else going on I missed?

FlyingV09

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
They signed Saros for 8 years. They never planned for Askarov to be the starter. He was always going to be traded. Him asking for a trade just speeds up the timeline.

Reactions: Kalv

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
They signed Saros for 8 years. They never planned for Askarov to be the starter. He was always going to be traded. Him asking for a trade just speeds up the timeline.
It doesn't just speed up the timeline. They knew their prospect and IMO he was patient already for how little he was given. This ordeal makes it so Askarov has very little value in a trade compared to if he was properly managed.

To do what the Preds have managed to do is complete nonsense.

Reactions: stlwahoo

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Sometimes I'm upset with some of the choices the Ducks management makes, and then I see the Flyers and I feel way better. With how they treated and reacted to Gauthier, other prospects not signing with them, and now terminating Johansson. Just a mess of an organization

Edit: Gauthier not Gaucher

Reactions: Kalv

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Gauthier for Drysdale
McGroarty for Yager

Who did better? And I don't mean Ducks or Pens, I mean Jets or Flyers. Because by keeping the thing quiet with Gauthier, they really messed up. Yager is much closer to fair value, if still less than McGroarty IMO.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
of course, that piece of shit tim peel has decided to take it upon himself to "confirm" that the rumor is true

a truly vile human being

Reactions: HanSolo

Ad

Ad

Ad