Around the NHL - (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Wtf seeing this news confirmed… I heard the chatter on X last night but was hoping it was a sick joke. I can’t imagine how their family is feeling… such a tragedy.

This is the reason why I gravel/mountain bike and avoid the road as much as possible… there are seriously way too many irresponsible people out there… this guy should be jailed for life but he likely just gets a few years and does this again.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Absolutely heartbreaking. Huge loss for the hockey community the world over but even more heartbreaking for the family who was supposed to be sharing love and happiness today and absolutely gut-wrenching to think of the wife and two very young children he's leaving behind. Absolute tragedy.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Wtf seeing this news confirmed… I heard the chatter on X last night but was hoping it was a sick joke. I can’t imagine how their family is feeling… such a tragedy.

This is the reason why I gravel/mountain bike and avoid the road as much as possible… there are seriously way too many irresponsible people out there… this guy should be jailed for life but he likely just gets a few years and does this again.
I read an incident report of what happened and not only was the guy suspected of being under the influence but the decisions he made trying to pass cars on the highway were stupid and reckless!!!!

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
I read an incident report of what happened and not only was the guy suspected of being under the influence but the decisions he made trying to pass cars on the highway were stupid and reckless!!!!

He supposedly passed another SUV on the right side of a rural road and it wouldn't surprise me if he was speeding all while being drunk. I wish these tragedies remind people what devastation they wreak and the lives they destroy when they drink and drive.

Last edited:

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
He supposedly passed another SUV on the right side of a rural road and it wouldn't surprise me if he was speeding all while being drunk. I wish these tragedies remind people what devastation they wreak and the lives they destroy when they drink and drive.
Sounded like the drunk driver went left to pass 2 vehicles (so into the oncoming traffic lane) and at the same time the lead car also went slightly left to pass Gaudreau and his brother on the bikes safely. So the drunk guy thought the lead car was being a dick and blocking him so the drunk driver swung behind the lead car and tried to pass on the right and struck the 2 bikes.

Just stupid!!! Like most drivers we want to get where we're going but this type of maneuver is dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad