OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Try living here in Edmonton, thinking of moving to Scotland this weekend.
I am in foreign territory, but I am shocked at how much "hatred" MCDavid seems to get?

Crosby is seen as a god to Edmonton fans and all of Canada. Even if Edmonton wins Monday, I consider them side by side and Sid has more accolades.

Both GOATS. Everybody and their mother love Crosby lol. You will never meet a fan in real life who ever says a bad word about Crosby.

• Haha
Reactions: Slapshot_11

Borgir

Jan 16, 2010
dEdmonton Alberta
I am in foreign territory, but I am shocked at how much "hatred" MCDavid seems to get?

Crosby is seen as a god to Edmonton fans and all of Canada. Even if Edmonton wins Monday, I consider them side by side and Sid has more accolades.

Both GOATS. Everybody and their mother love Crosby lol. You will never meet a fan in real life who ever says a bad word about Crosby.

I don't hate McMuffin, it's Oiler fans that are insufferable.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I don't hate McDavid, I hate all the "the Oilers don't have the depth of that STACKED 2009 Penguins team" or "McDavid's producing more than Crosby and Draisailt as a linemate has ZERO impact on that compared to having the likes of Sheary, Guerin, etc."

So for me it's never been "about McDavid", it's about these weird narratives that McDavid's somehow in a worse off situation than Crosby was in 2009, both in terms of linemates and team depth. As we're seeing, that's simply bullshit.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Ignatius

Connor McCaitlin Clark
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
I vividly remember what Edmonton and their fans were like in 2006 and I remember wishing that I was at that game 6 in Edmonton because it was nuts. Game 7 was a big let down because I really wanted that Oilers team to win.

It would be such a nuclear pop of a bubble burst if Florida wins game 7. I am going to stick by my prediction that Edmonton wins this game 7 but I still have a feeling like Florida could be like the 2006 Carolina Cup winning team when it's all said and done.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I don't hate McDavid, I hate all the "the Oilers don't have the depth of that STACKED 2009 Penguins team" or "McDavid's producing more than Crosby and Draisailt as a linemate has ZERO impact on that compared to having the likes of Sheary, Guerin, etc."

So for me it's never been "about McDavid", it's about these weird narratives that McDavid's somehow in a worse off situation than Crosby was in 2009, both in terms of linemates and team depth. As we're seeing, that's simply bullshit.
I wont be around much during the offseason when Oilers win the cup, y'all have fun with that. My problem is how overboard posters get. Better then Gretzky? hell his rookie year he was already a much better player then Crosby apparently.

What kind of idiot let Hyman walk away?
Hyman is working out because the players he's with. He would still be a decent player on other teams but having the best player since Mario on your team kinda helps, same with Bouchard. You still gotta produce but it's easier with certain types of players compared to others.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

You obviously haven't been around much.

Many love Crosby. But the intense hatred is there too. As much if not more. On these boards and elsewhere.

I am not one who hates McDavid. Look through my posts. I wanted a Florida and Oiler Finals. Because McDavid as a generational talent deserves to experience it were my words.

But the love and hate comes with the territory.

Last edited:

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009

That thread on the playoffs board last year was something else

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
McGroarty talking about not liking the usage of young players in Winnipeg where they picked up vets and the coach chose to use them over youth that were playing well is kind of funny, I think if he's that aware and intelligent enough to see that and know that's not what he wants to be apart of, there's no chance he will sign with the Penguins if Dubas trades for him because Sullivan is worse.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I don't hate McMuffin, it's Oiler fans that are insufferable.
I don't like McDavid. He whines a lot more than Crosby ever did and never gets the same flack for it, he also does a lot of dirty shit but it routinely gets ignored because McBoringasf*** is the lord and savior of something or another.

That franchise is despicable and it irks me to no end that those morons compare their decade of tanking to the Pens being gifted Malkin and Crosby and somehow that makes it fair because we're comparable in some way in their minds. First Bettman protected the Oilers for decades from being moved or bought and moved, he didn't really give two shits if the Penguins did and outside of Mario's lame threat to move them, if Mario didn't get that new rink built, there was a good chance he was going to have to sell it to new owners that would move them.

The NHL and the sport of Hockey is in a better place if the Florida Panthers win on Sunday, I want to see Oilers players cry.

Somewhere Guy Boucher is wanking heavily to the style Knobber is coaching right now and those insane interference and picks they keep getting away with because the Refs think they're the main character.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I don't like McDavid. He whines a lot more than Crosby ever did and never gets the same flack for it, he also does a lot of dirty shit but it routinely gets ignored because McBoringasf*** is the lord and savior of something or another.

That franchise is despicable and it irks me to no end that those morons compare their decade of tanking to the Pens being gifted Malkin and Crosby and somehow that makes it fair because we're comparable in some way in their minds. First Bettman protected the Oilers for decades from being moved or bought and moved, he didn't really give two shits if the Penguins did and outside of Mario's lame threat to move them, if Mario didn't get that new rink built, there was a good chance he was going to have to sell it to new owners that would move them.

The NHL and the sport of Hockey is in a better place if the Florida Panthers win on Sunday, I want to see Oilers players cry.

Somewhere Guy Boucher is wanking heavily to the style Knobber is coaching right now and those insane interference and picks they keep getting away with because the Refs think they're the main character.

Louder for the wanknoodles in the back please!! :yo: :yo: :yo:

Even now on the playoff board it seems that almost everyone (not me) is taking “current McMuffin” over “peak Sid” in a game 7 poll.

Why?? Sid shows up when it truly matters. Which is something McDiver has yet to do.

Yes Sid didn’t get to play all of Game 7 in 2009, but that was that mule-faced schmuck Johan Franzen’s fault.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad