GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
I like Ekblad and I would honestly prefer to keep him but I get it.

My main concern is who fills his role if he goes?

I actually love the guy and what he has gone and played through. But he needs a double leg replacement soon and his skating isn't going to get any better. Too bad but unless he takes a significant discount it's curtains for him in Florida.

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
I actually love the guy and what he has gone and played through. But he needs a double leg replacement soon and his skating isn't going to get any better. Too bad but unless he takes a significant discount it's curtains for him in Florida.
Eggy needs to be a second or 3rd line paring mins now he just is not that work horse.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
If they re-sign Monty then that issue is solved. Other than him I don't see any viable alternatives in free agency that can endure and thrive in the playoffs.

If you sign Roy there's not enough money for Monty. I like Monty, but he wasn't great on the PP either and he's also very inconsistent. He's going to be overpaid for what he brings.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
If they re-sign Monty then that issue is solved. Other than him I don't see any viable alternatives in free agency that can endure and thrive in the playoffs.
I'm wondering if we watched the same games this year if you confidently want Monty to be our PP QB. He was for me, easily the most frustrating player to watch this year.

Even OEL looked better in that role from the limited time we saw of him.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
If you sign Roy there's not enough money for Monty. I like Monty, but he wasn't great on the PP either and he's also very inconsistent. He's going to be overpaid for what he brings.

Then it's up to Gus to qb the PP. Take Gus off from 1PK so that he's minutes remain manageable.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I'm wondering if we watched the same games this year if you confidently want Monty to be our PP QB. He was for me, easily the most frustrating player to watch this year.

Even OEL looked better in that role from the limited time we saw of him.

The Kompon Structure has been a dud from the beginning. imo the whole setup focused on getting the puck via bumper pass behind the trapezoid and once teams figured it out then it just became the most impotent PP strategy in the league.

By getting rid off Montour doesn't solve the underlying issue which is that Kompon sucks.

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
Resign who you can…but I’d be okay with letting Montour walk tbh.

I was not happy with his play this year at all. The PP QBing was especially painful.

The report also said he changed agents and wants to stay at a discount. Depends how much of a discount
An Ekblad at a discount is fine.

An Ekblad at a absurd price tag is not.

Also this moving Knight talk, y’all are off your rocker. Guy is one of the best goalie prospects in decades and will be the goalie of the future for us no doubt.

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Salaries cant be buried in the minors anymore (Wade Redden rule) so Knight in the AHL still costs Florida 3.5 million on the cap.

Rod-3 Barky-10 Reino-9.5
Swaggod-4.2 Benny-4.4 Chuck-9.5
Luosty-3 Lundell-3.5 Samo/Sourdif .93
Lombo- 1 Stenner -1.3 Lorentz-1.2
Gadjo- .77

Fors- 5.75 Ek- 7.5
Mikks- 2.5 Barrie - 2.5
Balinskis-.85 Kuli 1.2
Bjornfot/Mahura- .77

Bob-10
Knight-4.5

Still leaves us with 500k for deadline cap space

Reactions: Idiot Stick

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
The Kompon Structure has been a dud from the beginning. imo the whole setup focused on getting the puck via bumper pass behind the trapezoid and once teams figured it out then it just became the most impotent PP strategy in the league.

By getting rid off Montour doesn't solve the underlying issue which is that Kompon sucks.
That's fair but at the same time, Montour's decision making on the PP was lacking. His shot selection and ability to get it through traffic or on net was awful.

Maybe it was just an off year, but he's also 30 years old and pretty reliant on his physical tools. This is most likely what he is going forward. Maybe a bit better considering the injury to start the season

As someone else said, if he takes less than Forsling i wouldn't mind him back.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
In regards to Hakanpaa he's a big dude but where would he fit? 3rd with Goatkov?
With Forsling if Ekblad is traded?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad