OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Would be awesome to get so close to the comeback just to lose in OT game 7, like Vancouver and Chicago in 2011.

Yup. Can’t see it though although it only takes 1 game.

When the series was 3-0 at least Edmonton were competitive. Florida isn’t competitive now. They’re the Blue Jackets.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
How much does having a supposedly top 5 or so level goalie really even matter? Aside from Vasi most of the cup winning goalies (including Muzz really) the past two-ish decades are pretty mid.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Wow, sick goal by Barkov. Wonder what this does to the ESPN Bet have a gambling problem? line.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Yup. Can’t see it though although it only takes 1 game.

When the series was 3-0 at least Edmonton were competitive. Florida isn’t competitive now. They’re the Blue Jackets.
They look like us the week after Jake was traded. Like they want to be anywhere else in the world except at the rink. It’s so bad it’s impressive with these stakes.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Panthers need to play dirtier like they have all season.

Bennett too nice to McDavid on the ice.

Kinda like Sid and Marchand, Marchand plays like he doesn’t know Sid when they play us.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I just don't see how Florida is winning this game let alone the series at this point.

Bob shitting the bed is just classic Bob.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I mean, I got zero faith this Panthers team can sort their shit out. The Oilers still have to win one more, in Florida, but still. Yikes. A collapse for the ages.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
What a game 7 it's going to be. Hoping for Panthers OT win but.. that will require them playing with some balls for the first 30 minutes of the game which they aren't capable of doing.

So weird, if they win its like.. the closest you can get to taking the joy out of winning for a fanbase. Like more relief than joy.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Taylor Swift has already started writing a song about Florida’s heartbreak

Reactions: Al Smith

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I like this one. I mean why not? I haven’t really read much discourse on the main board or anything nationally but it seems like McDavid has already well transcended Crosby so while he’s getting praised above Lemieux, that’ll leave his second hand to be praised above Sid.

The other selfish thing as a Pens fan is that I’d rather not see another non-original 6 team pass us in cups. We let the euphoria settle off our last cup and since then it’s like Crosby got surpassed, another team went back to back, and now we may get passed in cups too.

3 cups, 4 SCF appearances and 5 ECF appearances is great for this core but it goes to show greedy we can be, still left wondering if we could’ve had even more had we not reverted into total potato mode in the playoffs from 2010-2015.

It's honestly kind of insane that McDavid is about to singlehandedly torch this franchise's entire legacy in one fell swoop (at least, in the eyes of most fans on the HFBoards).

Reactions: Rossi Rat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad