OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Florida at least is doing stuff in the offensive zone so far, which is more than last game.

Reactions: TNT87

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Does Vellucci have 1 year left or is he a FA in August?
I think a year left. I'm more shocked he's staying to be honest. If I'm Vellucci I'd take the first job offered to me to get out of here asap. The PK hasn't been an issue under him but the options he's gotten because of who Sullivan wants in lineup is going to f*** him over eventually. I know Vellucci was interviewed several times last season. Was a runner up to a few jobs. Odd that this year he's gotten no calls and if I'm him, I see that as a sign that this job is going to ruin his career, not help it.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I really enjoy watching Oilers forwards playing in defensive roles in the neutral zone, zero separation for Florida, they may score only on a lucky bounce

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
To add @66-30-33

Mike Vellucci was almost the Ducks coach and I wish he got the job. He's a bloke with an incredible record as a coach outside of the NHL and deserves that shot over retread morons like Ruff. Even picking Cronin over Vellucci was stupid by Verbeek and I don't really know if Verbeek even knows what the f*** he's doing there either. I was fine with Vellucci even being the interim coach lasts season if Kindergarten Kyle had the guts to fire Sullivan like he should have.

Really odd he's not a head coach yet. Maybe Columbus? I hope he gets a shot. Also odd Woodcroft is still unemployed.

Reactions: 66-30-33

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
To add @66-30-33

Mike Vellucci was almost the Ducks coach and I wish he got the job. He's a bloke with an incredible record as a coach outside of the NHL and deserves that shot over retread morons like Ruff. Even picking Cronin over Vellucci was stupid by Verbeek and I don't really know if Verbeek even knows what the f*** he's doing there either. I was fine with Vellucci even being the interim coach lasts season if Kindergarten Kyle had the guts to fire Sullivan like he should have.

Really odd he's not a head coach yet. Maybe Columbus? I hope he gets a shot. Also odd Woodcroft is still unemployed.
He will find a new home. I am also surprised by Woodcroft.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
It’s amazing how much the Panthers have morphed into the Pens since game 3. The PP is dead, they’re giving up backbreaking goals seconds after they score, and their coach is clueless on what to do.
t6a7CPD.png

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Maybe Oilers coach is really good.
Knobber was mocked as a hire because he was McWankers coach. He's proven to be a solid coach that took Woodcroft's plans and made the right adjustments. He's gotten more out of his depth which was an issue before. Kudos to Knob.

BTW - maybe Vellucci does go to Columbus, he does have ties to Waddell. He coached Charlotte for the Canes when Waddell was there.

When he took over the Thrashers, his first coach hire was someone he had when he was with the Solar Bears, Fraser. So it's possible. He gave Charlotte their best record and championship before he left and later they became the Panthers affiliate. So I feel like Waddell might ask for permission to speak to Vellucci.

It is nice seeing two well coached disciplined teams.
Mate, I was certain I'd die before you changed your avatar. It's weird not seeing that avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad