OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Knobber was mocked as a hire because he was McWankers coach. He's proven to be a solid coach that took Woodcroft's plans and made the right adjustments. He's gotten more out of his depth which was an issue before. Kudos to Knob.

BTW - maybe Vellucci does go to Columbus, he does have ties to Waddell. He coached Charlotte for the Canes when Waddell was there.

When he took over the Thrashers, his first coach hire was someone he had when he was with the Solar Bears, Fraser. So it's possible. He gave Charlotte their best record and championship before he left and later they became the Panthers affiliate. So I feel like Waddell might ask for permission to speak to Vellucci.

Mate, I was certain I'd die before you changed your avatar. It's weird not seeing that avatar.
It was time.

It was from the last playoffs.

Seeing how we might not make the playoffs again in my lifetime, it seemed appropriate to retire that one.

• Wow
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa’s new owner fixing issues, that trade to get Ullmark is definitely aggressive. I still think there’s a market for Jarry (piss off haters with the idiotic hatred towards him, seriously), as Buffalo is still a team that needs a starter imo and he could be a target there. Ullmark finally being moved is one of the big road blocks teams were waiting on.

Now we’ll see if Saros is truly available or if teams finally move on from that option.

It was time.

It was from the last playoffs.

Seeing how we might not make the playoffs again in my lifetime, it seemed appropriate to retire that one.
With our luck mate, Sullivan will just step up to be the GM next season and Quinn will take the HC job.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Say the Panthers don’t f*** this up today and win, if I’m Bobrovsky I just retire right after this. There’s no upside to his career if he wins.

Wtf is that call on Tkachuk? That’s idiotic. He got that shitty dive call last time too.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
The officials are just a f***ing joke since the old guard retired

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Bad f***ing call
It’s about as bad as the diving call on him where on replay it shows clearly he hit a rut and fell but the hooking call was valid and the refs just completely f***ed the Panthers on that and then again today.

The officials are just a f***ing joke since the old guard retired
I always remember that anecdote by I think it was Rob Scuderi? About why he didn’t get a call after he got high sticked in the face and was bleeding, he was told by the Ref that he didn’t “sell the call enough” by snapping his head back and making it into a big deal. So because Rob was focused on playing even while getting cut, because he didn’t “react” with theatrics, they didn’t call it.

NHL Officiating in a nutshell.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I’ll never understand why guys who break their stick on the PP just don’t take the 8 seconds to change or get a stick rather than give the other team a 5 on 3 essentially until they can get possession back.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I’ll never understand why guys who break their stick on the PP just don’t take the 8 seconds to change or get a stick rather than give the other team a 5 on 3 essentially until they can get possession back.
I'm guessing that statistically, it makes sense. Because pretty much every team does it when that happens.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I'm guessing that statistically, it makes sense. Because pretty much every team does it when that happens.
I think I’ve only seen a player go get a stick like twice in my life and the announcers acted like he was trying to screw his team by putting the puck in his own net. I don’t see how there’s any data to see which one is better since nobody does one of the things.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I think I’ve only seen a player go get a stick like twice in my life and the announcers acted like he was trying to screw his team by putting the puck in his own net. I don’t see how there’s any data to see which one is better since nobody does one of the things.
Nor have I. Just an assumption based on the fact that all do it, and if it is your job to coach that some at least would have checked the stats for a rational reason for doing it.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I mean maybe the refs need to make it less obvious they want the Oilers to win by making shit calls and missing blatant ones.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Oilers got served

1719279778312.jpeg

Reactions: dalewood12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad