Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22 Part IV Into the Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I have us beating them in my bracket.

Same here. Only team I messed up on in round one was the Canes, but that’s because I thought no Freddie would do them in.

I chose STL/CGY and TBL/NYR for the next round, even though I think Carolina has a much better chance at beating the Rangers than Boston did, and would not be shocked if it was TBL/CAR for the ECF.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Joe Thornton should not get a Cup, and neither should the child of Bryan Marchment, a truly inveterate piece of shit who played to injure people and did
I’m not on board holding someone’s parent against him like this. Dude didn’t choose his dad, and Should be judged on his own merits.

Thornton and his beard should get on his tractor and drive off into the sunset, never to be heard from again.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
TB doing this again is impressive in and of itself, but without Point, it really is a masterclass.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
TB doing this again is impressive in and of itself, but without Point, it really is a masterclass.
They were +700 for the Cup before the season (and even better at lots of points during the season) and I thought there's no way that team is worse than 1 in 3 to threepeat. They are the real deal. They have a closeout goalie and the best playoff defenseman in the world bar none. That defense is a championship defense like no other team has.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I’m not on board holding someone’s parent against him like this. Dude didn’t choose his dad, and Should be judged on his own merits.

Thornton and his beard should get on his tractor and drive off into the sunset, never to be heard from again.
Lightning Bolt says, "Chin him!"

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Been watching the Canes, and I'm not really buying what they're selling. Their D core is pretty stable but their forward group isn't that scary. I'd be surprised if the Canes or Rangers beat the winner of the battle of Florida.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Oilers are in trouble

Already down 2-0 early in the 2nd game.

Mike Smith is gonna be retired by the end of this.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Damn the oilers really don't have a goalie. Holland is really going to waste McDavid/Drai

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Trotz is gonna have his pick of the litter. Lots of good suitors out there for him.

I think Winnipeg and Dallas make more sense for him than Vegas based on their rosters.

Reactions: mk80

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
McDavid can take over a game in a way that few I can ever recall. I’m 29 so I don’t remember Gretzky in any meaningful way. Crosby is an amazing player and he’s certainly one of the best, but McDavid is one of those athletes that if you put on his film and showed it to someone who’s never seen hockey, even that person could tell you McDavid is the best player on the ice.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Trotz is gonna have his pick of the litter. Lots of good suitors out there for him.

I think Winnipeg and Dallas make more sense for him than Vegas based on their rosters.

Agree. If I am Trotz, I am simply not messing with Vegas, because they proved before the paint fully dried in their locker room that making the finals isn’t enough to get any extra latitude. I get he may not be in it for the long run anyway at this stage of the career so it may be more about who is suited to immediately win, but I’d be worried about the “culture” that has coaches falling the way they did so far in their short history.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
One possibility I actually thought might happen with Trotz was a return to Nashville, seeing as I don't really think Hynes is the right guy for the job there, and his contract was up. But it appears Hynes got an extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad