Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Flames down in their series 3-1.

Like us, their backs are against the wall
They struggled with a marginal Dallas team, and now they’ll probably go down to an inspired but pedestrian Edmonton team. No one in that bracket can challenge Colorado, or St Louis or Minnesota. I’ll still hope Edmonton can somehow make the SCF, but I don’t see it.

If Tampa gets there and lays an egg, I’ll be pretty disappointed.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
They struggled with a marginal Dallas team, and now they’ll probably go down to an inspired but pedestrian Edmonton team. No one in that bracket can challenge Colorado, or St Louis or Minnesota. I’ll still hope Edmonton can somehow make the SCF, but I don’t see it.

If Tampa gets there and lays an egg, I’ll be pretty disappointed.
The last time I supported a three-peet was the Chicago Bulls in the 90s.

Reactions: Xerloris

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I'll bet it's never happened that an NHL team wins two straight rounds going the full seven games winning every home game and losing every away game.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
That's weird because it looked to me like he's just trash.
Each goalie in that game had an unforgiveable gaffe leading to a goal. I was impressed that Edmonton was resilient after giving up that 3rd period lead in such a gut-check fashion. Not only was that 3/4 ice goal ridiculous, but it came with the Oilers on the PP.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

There was some pretty gross information that came out about 8 players from the 2018 Canadian World Junior hockey team a couple days ago. Hopefully it doesn't involve any of our players, but, we have two players who were on the team at the time (Kyrou and Thomas).

Other players on the team include Makar, Hart, Steel, Comtois, Batherson, and Timmins

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006

There was some pretty gross information that came out about 8 players from the 2018 Canadian World Junior hockey team a couple days ago. Hopefully it doesn't involve any of our players, but, we have two players who were on the team at the time (Kyrou and Thomas).

Other players on the team include Makar, Hart, Steel, Comtois, Batherson, and Timmins
Lovely.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

What was alleged? This report is so vague it makes things sound like they should all be in prison.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
No players were named, but, 2 players who were not at the Gala that night were Victor Mete and Jordan Kyrou.

Also all 8 players were in the CHL at the time. But, not all 8 were on team Canada.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
What was alleged? This report is so vague it makes things sound like they should all be in prison.
The TSN article has some fairly graphic details. Apparently they got her drunk and then the group of them sexually assaulted her, wouldn't let her leave, and other terrible stuff. Seems like someone (Hockey Canada?) paid up pretty substantially for her to drop this.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
What an awful decision by replay. That’s not a distinct kicking motion. Rule is designed to prevent dangerous plays. Using skate to redirect puck is supposed to be allowed. Don’t like that at all. Would be pissed if I was flames fan.

Last edited:

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
What an awful decision by replay. That’s not a distinct kicking motion. Rule is designed to prevent dangerous plays. Using skate to redirect puck is supposed to be allowed. Don’t like that at all. Would be passed if I was flames fan.
What a terrible call. Might be one of the worst i've seen.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
I am listening to the EDM broadcast on CHED and these guys are even saying it is a terrible call. You know they screwed up when the opposing announcers called it that way live and are still saying it in intermission.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Terrible BS from Toronto.

The puck was going in regardless of the foot. I didn't think it was a distinct kicking action.

Terrible way to tilt a series.

Reactions: Klank Loves You
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad