Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22 Part IV Into the Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Oshie really turned into a great playoff performer after leaving STL. Good for him. Still one of my faves.

Great day of hockey upcoming, and as P9's alluded to, made much more enjoyable with our ticket already stamped for Round 2.
Exactly. I enjoy the pause on the Blues play so that I can't watch the other games with an even mind.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The Blues' chances in round 2 went up significantly by ending the first round series in less than 7 games. An extra couple days to rest/prepare will make a lot of difference. Conversely, I think Colorado has too long of a break.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Rooting hard for Oilers and Flames wins to keep the BoA matchup alive. No interest in watching Dallas vs. LA.
Me too, would love to watch a flames vs oil second round. Also rooting pretty hard for the leafs to beat TB. That fanbase has suffered a lot and I feel like their current core has paid their dues as well. They look like a different team in their on-ice demeanor this year, think they are ready to take the next step.

Reactions: The Note

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
The Blues' chances in round 2 went up significantly by ending the first round series in less than 7 games. An extra couple days to rest/prepare will make a lot of difference. Conversely, I think Colorado has too long of a break.
Resting up banged up defenseman is a very good thing for the Blues.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Carolina is the only team in the East I’d like to see win the Cup.

Although on the chance the Blues make it to the Cup, the Canes and Panthers are the two teams I don’t want to face. I think we’d beat any of the others.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I want the Blues to battle the Lightning and deny their chance at a 3-peat with the second cup of their own in 4-years. I'm fine with the Toronto suffering and would love to see them lose again in gut-wrenching fashion. Plus, if either the Panthers or Lightning meet the Blues in the Final, I'll be able to go to the games in FL. :)

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Yikes - Bolts just lost Brayden Point to what looks to be a major knee injury. Leafs MUST take advantage.

...and Tampa strikes first near the end of the 1st period. 1-0 Lightning.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Yikes - Bolts just lost Brayden Point to what looks to be a major knee injury. Leafs MUST take advantage.
Small stick tap led to a toe pick to a twisted knee along the boards.

Ouch

Wishing for Canes vs Blues

Canes have good chance
Blues have to get through Avs....low odds of that but we can hope

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Gross. Give me a Battle of Alberta, or even the Darryl Sutter revenge series. Watching Dallas play is so painfully boring.

I get it if you’re projecting out for the Blues, but as a viewing experience CAL - EDM would be 10x better
I'm fine with Calgary advancing tbh. I just want to see Edmonton fall on their face again. And Dallas because I think we can beat them in an easier way than Calgary.

Reactions: mk80 and The Note

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Under 7 to play in Toronto. Lots of pressure building on Matthews, Marner & Tavares to come through, down by a goal. Tampa looks cool and collected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad