Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22 Part IV Into the Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Honestly, I hope Toronto comes out of the East. I get it, but I like their team a lot and love the city. I was all ready to get on board with the Panthers as my eastern bandwagon, but I forgot that old sack of bones Joe Thornton is down there and I cannot bring myself to hope he finds joy. Canes would be ok too, particularly if they can finish off the Bruins. Very tired of the Caps and Penguins at this point.
A Blues-Leafs Final would be delicious.

1652307517152.jpeg

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
We’d have home ice against LA as well, and I’d rather play them than Dallas. Oettinger has been on an absolute heater in this series, and I think we’d smoke the Kings. Plus, selfishly I’d love to be able to go to a WCF game without having to travel more than 45 minutes in traffic.
We have home ice against anyone that comes out of the Pacific except for Calgary. If Dallas knocks out Calgary and we make the Conference Final, then we would have home ice against whichever of Edmonton, LA, or Dallas won in round 2.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
We’d have home ice against LA as well, and I’d rather play them than Dallas. Oettinger has been on an absolute heater in this series, and I think we’d smoke the Kings. Plus, selfishly I’d love to be able to go to a WCF game without having to travel more than 45 minutes in traffic.
All that matters on that side is Calgary losing, which is what I said. Dallas, Edmonton and LA are all lower than the Blues.

But none of that matters if they allow Minnesota to come back, or if they can't get past Colorado. Frankly, if the Blues get past Colorado they probably become Cup favorites or co-favorites with someone from the East.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Good for the Rangers. I have no love for that team, but I like their coach and I like competitive playoff series.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Interesting...female play-by-play announcer on ESPN coverage of the STARS vs FLAMES game #5.

She's not technically bad. She's okay. It's just the higher pitch of her voice is hard to get used to. I think of the lower tones of Kerbs and Kelly and I'm more comfortable with that.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
my wife has coworkers in Dallas, walked in to see the score, asked “is that a girl announcer?”
followed by “she is not very good “ and then “I can’t watch this” and walked back out

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
my wife has coworkers in Dallas, walked in to see the score, asked “is that a girl announcer?”
followed by “she is not very good “ and then “I can’t watch this” and walked back out
Haven’t heard her announce games.

But I’m going to be in Dallas this Saturday

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
she may actually be good at WHAT she says, but I have no idea, as it is a bunch of words squished together, rapidly, in a monotone, way too soft to hear

the color commentator isn’t any better, completely bland with absolutely nothing to add

Last edited:

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
she may actually be good at WHAT she says, but I have no idea, as it is a bunch of words squished together, rapidly, in a monotone, way to soft to hear

the color commentator isn’t any better, completely bland with absolutely nothing to add
Oh good Lord! Now I have to find the game.

Crap! Found national and away and a French broadcast, but no female. Is she announcing Flames and Stars?

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
yes, on ESPN
just went to 2nd intermission
Nope. All I found is Sportsnet, Bally and a French station. Not gonna be able to listen to her announce and judge for myself.

I'll check her out on YT.

Hmmmm......all I needed was a cursory listen of some highlights on YT and I can already tell I wouldn't like to listen to her.

She slurs her words. Very poor annunciation. Too bad.

EDIT: What I would prefer is a strong woman with a strong personality, some good vibe and pizazz. I don't need a female announcer to be a pretty face.

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Calgary wins a very important game 5 with a 3rd period comeback courteous of he who eats bread. I actually really like some of Dallas' younger players (Hintz and Oettinger in particular), but it's always nice to see Benn lose.

I wanted to see Suter on the Blues as much as anyone this past offseaon, but he got burned BAD on both goals against. Three more years...

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Calgary wins a very important game 5 with a 3rd period comeback courteous of he who eats bread. I actually really like some of Dallas' younger players (Hintz and Oettinger in particular), but it's always nice to see Benn lose.

I wanted to see Suter on the Blues as much as anyone this past offseaon, but he got burned BAD on both goals against. Three more years...
He who eats bread?

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Interesting...female play-by-play announcer on ESPN coverage of the STARS vs FLAMES game #5.

She's not technically bad. She's okay. It's just the higher pitch of her voice is hard to get used to. I think of the lower tones of Kerbs and Kelly and I'm more comfortable with that.
She's absolutely awful. Almost as bad as Buccigross. Definitely not cut out to for play by play. Whenever the crowd got loud in that Calgary Dallas game her voice was completely drowned out.

I knew the ESPN/NHL partnership was gonna be trash but they better find more qualified people to present their product or they're going to lose viewers.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
She's absolutely awful. Almost as bad as Buccigross. Definitely not cut out to for play by play. Whenever the crowd got loud in that Calgary Dallas game her voice was completely drowned out.

I knew the ESPN/NHL partnership was gonna be trash but they better find more qualified people to present their product or they're going to lose viewers.
She checks the only box that matters.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad