Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The Islanders finally signed everyone and I’m still confused. Their cap hit is 85.2m before the Parise money. I don’t get it

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Blues, You literally just need to use a white version of our last Winter Classic jersey. Hell even the white version of the Mid-90s jersey would be better than this.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I honestly don’t know what to make of the situations in Montreal and Carolina. Carolina got a potentially good asset but one that hasn’t lived up to his potential and paid dearly to do it.

Montreal seems to be taking steps backward despite having had some good drafting opportunities over the years and some decent runs that seem like they just started. Are either heading in a positive direction as one would have expected some 6 months ago?

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
True. They’ve drafted so many guys I thought were interesting prospects and basically none have reached their potential in Montreal.
Oh it goes well beyond that. The last 10 years of drafting from Montreal has been abysmal. The best player they’ve drafted, developed, and has remained on the team since 2011 is Arrturi Lehkonen. Even before then, the last great success from the scouting and development staff was Gallagher in 2010. There will always be questions on whether it’s the team or the players, but Montreal has not had much of a case of it being the latter.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Oh it goes well beyond that. The last 10 years of drafting from Montreal has been abysmal. The best player they’ve drafted, developed, and has remained on the team since 2011 is Arrturi Lehkonen. Even before then, the last great success from the scouting and development staff was Gallagher in 2010. There will always be questions on whether it’s the team or the players, but Montreal has not had much of a case of it being the latter.
Obviously jury is still out on recent guys, but they sure seem to eat their young.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I honestly don’t know what to make of the situations in Montreal and Carolina. Carolina got a potentially good asset but one that hasn’t lived up to his potential and paid dearly to do it.

Montreal seems to be taking steps backward despite having had some good drafting opportunities over the years and some decent runs that seem like they just started. Are either heading in a positive direction as one would have expected some 6 months ago?

I don't think anything matters but sticking it to Montreal for trying to do the same to them.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Montreal will be fine. KK wasn't doing much of anything after his rookie season and Dvorak will probably be better this year and next year, with a much more reasonable cap hit. Carolina just overpaid significantly for a guy who's at best their third line center. They lost their best goalie and their best Dman.....I'm interested to see how it all works out for them.

I'm super glad at least -some- GMs are finally using offer sheets.....it's about time they stop with the good old boys club and actually start using all the tools at their disposal to win.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Montreal will be fine. KK wasn't doing much of anything after his rookie season and Dvorak will probably be better this year and next year, with a much more reasonable cap hit. Carolina just overpaid significantly for a guy who's at best their third line center. They lost their best goalie and their best Dman.....I'm interested to see how it all works out for them.

I'm super glad at least -some- GMs are finally using offer sheets.....it's about time they stop with the good old boys club and actually start using all the tools at their disposal to win.
I disagree that they lost their best defenseman. I think both Slavin and Pesce are better than Hamilton. I think Hamilton is overrated.

Reactions: Stealth JD

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

I actually think this exchange of offer sheets is going to chill offer sheets again league-wide. It reminds me of St Louis retaliating for the Backes offer sheet. Only the stakes were much higher this time and Montreal didn't match.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
I actually think this exchange of offer sheets is going to chill offer sheets again league-wide. It reminds me of St Louis retaliating for the Backes offer sheet. Only the stakes were much higher this time and Montreal didn't match.

It really depends on how he plays - if he lights it up, I think a bunch of other teams might start thinking about it more seriously. If he falls hard, there's probably going to be a chilling.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
It really depends on how he plays - if he lights it up, I think a bunch of other teams might start thinking about it more seriously. If he falls hard, there's probably going to be a chilling.
I could see him improving, but not to the point where it lights up everyone's eyes.. not in 1 yr anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad