Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
ROR will be 32.5 years old when his contract ends. You willing to give 8-years for ROR when he is almost 33-years old.

Let say he will get ~5 years, but AAV will be higher than 7.75 or coming seasons ROR will regress heavily and his value goes low, I doubt that will happend how he plays the game. I would compare ROR to Bergeron how he age after mid 30's. :dunno:
That's why I said the term wouldn't be comparable, but the cap hit will be if his performance maintains. Yeah, I think he ages similar to Bergeron or Kopitar, so I'm pretty confident of him staying a #1 and top 6 center though his mid and even later 30s.

Reactions: Meatball and Ranksu

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
If the exodus continues and Tarasenko and Parayko are the next two to leave, why would ROR sign back on? I sure as shit wouldn't want to go through a rebuild if I were him. His whole career outside of STL has been a rebuild; I'd go to a contender looking to get over the hump.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I'm willing to bet ROR won't leave over a NMC. He has to much character for a petty move like that.
Why not?

His current contract includes a NMC and has the majority of his pay in signing bonuses. Those are the two lines in contract negotiations that Armstrong has never wanted to cross, and currently hasn't regardless of the free agent he's spoken with. I don't think that's questioning O'Reilly's character if one believes he would leave over not receiving an aspect within a contract demand that Armstrong doesn't give. Hell, the current O'Reilly contract is something Armstrong hasn't ever given out nor would given the Pietrangelo negotiations.

If a NMC or signing bonus mean nothing to O'Reilly (something I highly doubt) then negotiations shouldn't be an issue. But that is an assumption that isn't backed up by historical evidence regarding O'Reilly. I mean the guy was shipped out of Colorado because of his contract demands. So unless O'Reilly has had a change of heart or just loves the city of St. Louis a la Perron, then him coming back is no given. Half of that will be on him and the other half of that will be on Armstrong. You know, like all negotiations.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Why not?

His current contract includes a NMC and has the majority of his pay in signing bonuses. Those are the two lines in contract negotiations that Armstrong has never wanted to cross, and currently hasn't regardless of the free agent he's spoken with. I don't think that's questioning O'Reilly's character if one believes he would leave over not receiving an aspect within a contract demand that Armstrong doesn't give. Hell, the current O'Reilly contract is something Armstrong hasn't ever given out nor would given the Pietrangelo negotiations.

If a NMC or signing bonus mean nothing to O'Reilly (something I highly doubt) then negotiations shouldn't be an issue. But that is an assumption that isn't backed up by historical evidence regarding O'Reilly. I mean the guy was shipped out of Colorado because of his contract demands. So unless O'Reilly has had a change of heart or just loves the city of St. Louis a la Perron, then him coming back is no given. Half of that will be on him and the other half of that will be on Armstrong. You know, like all negotiations.
What are you talking about? RoR doesn't even have a NTC let alone a NMC in his contract.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Why not?

I don't think a NMC will be the deciding factor between him leaving or not.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Well I guess if it's two sources to one, then I guess he doesn't have a NMC. I'm trying to find the actual report from Friedman that broke the news, but all reports I find list the atypical yearly salary structure.
Even the Sportrac Blues roster that shows Tarasenko, Schenn, Faulk, and Krug with NTCs doesn't show RoR with any clause.

St Louis Blues 2021 Salary Cap

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Huh, well I guess I was wrong then.

I don't know what that contract note was about then as Sportrac is usually up to date on those things.
Maybe their editor goofed. Wouldn't be the first time a large database website had something goofed up somewhere.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Well yes, he made that clear, I was the one that found a weird situation that listed O’Reilly as having an NMC when it’s looking as though that was untrue.
I was trying to think of a type of NM Cancer to help you out but I'm not coming up with anything. Sorry.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
The KK offersheet is a thing of beauty.

The tweet in French is just the tip of the iceberg.
They also have the signing bonus at $20, or Aho's number.
There is another quote by their GM that is essentially word for word exactly what Bergevin said after signing Aho to his offer sheet.

Beyond the trolling, there is a very real possibility that MTL wont match. They have no cap right now and can't match because it will put them over the cap overage limit. They won't want to use LTIR during the offseason because of the cap implications that has vs. using it when the regular season starts. They will now have to pay a premium to offload salary in this climate. Cherry on top is now KK will have a qualifying offer of at least 6M next offseason.

Brilliant job by the Hurricanes.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
The KK offersheet is a thing of beauty.

The tweet in French is just the tip of the iceberg.
They also have the signing bonus at $20, or Aho's number.
There is another quote by their GM that is essentially word for word exactly what Bergevin said after signing Aho to his offer sheet.

Beyond the trolling, there is a very real possibility that MTL wont match. They have no cap right now and can't match because it will put them over the cap overage limit. They won't want to use LTIR during the offseason because of the cap implications that has vs. using it when the regular season starts. They will now have to pay a premium to offload salary in this climate. Cherry on top is now KK will have a qualifying offer of at least 6M next offseason.

Brilliant job by the Hurricanes.

I see the opposite.

Perfect opportunity for Montreal to get picks for nothing.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Carolina must think he's a fit for their team going forward. They know they'll get him and they also know that they are hurting Montreal because their first is most likely going to be like a high 2nd round pick. I think the offer sheet is just a bonus f*** you because of the past. Just one more footnote in the hockey book for GM's to NEVER play that game. At some point you're going to be in a vulnerable position.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
If Carolina ends up with KK, then they have to be out of the running for Tarasenko, barring something unforeseen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad