Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I didn’t post the graph, but it actually seems like a good representation of components of suckiness for these guys.
Yes, I know you didn't post it, but it's still a shitty graph.

I've been through so many methods situations that I have a hard time respecting the way in which data is presented. If it's not intuitive, then it sucks. Trying to explain too much in a single graph is messy as capturing multiple dimensions within a single graph AND making it understandable is difficult.

The creators of this graph were trying to be elegant, but it comes off as super clunky.

keep it simple stupid

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
There's a greater than 0% chance that Friday, November 12th becomes must watch hockey for hockey fans everywhere. Arizona and Chicago could both enter this head-to-head matchup with zero combined wins against 27 combined losses. If the cosmos could find a way to make this happen with two oh-for-the-seasons meeting in a battle of futility, I might just have a happy holiday season because of that alone.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
There's a greater than 0% chance that Friday, November 12th becomes must watch hockey for hockey fans everywhere. Arizona and Chicago could both enter this head-to-head matchup with zero combined wins against 27 combined losses. If the cosmos could find a way to make this happen with two oh-for-the-seasons meeting in a battle of futility, I might just have a happy holiday season because of that alone.
Must see TV right there. But who do we want to win...

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Because of what has transpired in Hawk land, because we are blues fans with the Hawks as hated rivals and because the the Yotes have been bad for so long, I would vote for a Yotes win.
I would as well, but, I also want the Hawks to win enough so that only qualify for the 3rd overall pick or later.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
Watching the Ducks - Habs game, and caught a glimpse of someone taking a one-timer and scoring from the top of the RW circle. Didn't even have to see the player to know it was Hoffman. Jesus thats such a wicked shot he has.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
Tuch and Theodore make just under $10mm combined, so maybe start there.

Yep. All these Vegas fans think its going to be easy and cheap to get done. Its a minimum of 2 well regarded roster players just to get the cap CLOSE, plus a top prospect and multiple picks. Its going to hurt, and I'm not sure that its going to fix their issues without taking steps backwards more than forwards.

Reactions: Zezel’s Pretzels

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Yep. All these Vegas fans think its going to be easy and cheap to get done. Its a minimum of 2 well regarded roster players just to get the cap CLOSE, plus a top prospect and multiple picks. Its going to hurt, and I'm not sure that its going to fix their issues without taking steps backwards more than forwards.
yeah, I suspect picks or prospects on top of those 2.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I have a strong belief that Patches is going to be going the other way. Just increasing the long revolving door of players going in and out of Vegas. Good thing Pietrangelo got that NMC or he'd be traded sooner or later as well.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
If you were Vegas and had to choose between Pietro and Theodore today, ignoring the NMC, who would you pick?
I mean Theodore is the obvious choice - he's cheaper, signed through what you would expect to be his prime, and at significantly less dollars. That contract is a bargain. AP is a great player, but he's around market value and older. If I'm building a team around Eichel and the next 4-5 years, Theodore is the obvious keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad