Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Ok what are the odds that Tkachuk wants to sign in St. Louis? Obviously Matt and Brady grew up here and have ties, but is it the case that Matt just wants to test free agency, or is this a Parise/Suter scenario where they both wanted to go to Minnesota? I'm all for Tkachuk being on this team since I believe Tarasenko will be out, but we'd have to find a way to fit his cap and others next season.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Matthew has always seemed like he was way more invested into St. Louis than his little brother. If that equates to him wanting to get to FA faster to come home, I have no clue.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
So funny how low they got Eichel. Buffalo better hope Vegas doesn't success this season and that 1st round pick is something decent.

Vegas will be powerhouse when and if Eichel is 100%. They got their 1 center just like that. Jeesus.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
So funny how low they got Eichel. Buffalo better hope Vegas doesn't success this season and that 1st round pick is something decent.

Vegas will be powerhouse when and if Eichel is 100%. They got their 1 center just like that. Jeesus.

Buffalo got hosed but what else is new?

Reactions: BlueOil

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Buffalo got hosed but what else is new?

I'm not so sure. Team is playing better without Eichel, and is about to add Tuch and Krebs. The first could be a lottery pick if Vegas bottoms out. Remember - Stone, Patches, Eichel and now Karlsson are out injured. They have decent depth on defense, but their forwards are currently gutted. I won't be surprised to see Vegas miss the playoffs this year.

If Vegas give Buffalo a pick that becomes a top-10 selection, that's about as good as it gets for a player who is currently on LTIR.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
With current signed players, if the cap remains the same, they have $3,662,500 to fill 7 spots for next season. I think Dadonov is definitely traded, Smith probably isn't brought back or returns on a significant discount.

Reactions: Celtic Note

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Holy shit, I decided to randomly look up Chychrun's stats, 0 points and -16. His expected +/- is just -2.5. That team is going to be historically bad this year.

Vejmelka is putting up incredible numbers in net for them though.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Holy shit, I decided to randomly look up Chychrun's stats, 0 points and -16. His expected +/- is just -2.5. That team is going to be historically bad this year.

Vejmelka is putting up incredible numbers in net for them though.

I said this during our game, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't hit 15 wins this year.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I said this during our game, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't hit 15 wins this year.
I'll be very curious how it impacts their value at the trade deadline because most likely none of them are going to look very good, despite some of them being a lot better than how they will look. Although, not many of them have much value to begin with, so maybe Kessel is the main one that fits the description.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Krebs is absolutely the critical piece in that Eichel trade. We know Tuch is a solid middle six, maybe second line guy. Plus a lottery protected first. If Krebs doesn’t develop into a first line player Buffalo loses this trade by a country mile.

I know Eichel is hurt but man, how fan you not even get an unprotected first for him?

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Intersting analysis on everyone’s favorite ex blue.

This is a pretty good analysis. I'm obviously pretty biased here, but I'd find it hard to believe that the decline from 4 months is what led to the high failure rate as noted in the article and what we saw from him in the playoffs last year. I'm very much taking the over on "trying to do too much to cover for injured teammates" than outright decline.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This is a pretty good analysis. I'm obviously pretty biased here, but I'd find it hard to believe that the decline from 4 months is what led to the high failure rate as noted in the article and what we saw from him in the playoffs last year. I'm very much taking the over on "trying to do too much to cover for injured teammates" than outright decline.
Yeah, I know it's a different sport, but it's like Mahomes trying to do too much to make up for a terrible o-line and defense. Petro will bounceback IMO. Star players definitely try to force things when things aren't going well for the team or when injuries start piling up.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I think you are right in your diagnosis. But is a reminder that aging for players isn’t always predictable and team context matters a great deal.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It is correct though, players that are aggressive and rely on their speed, both skating and reaction, will tend to have these periods in early 30s where they have to adjust their game as they start losing a bit of their skating speed or reaction time. No reason they can't still be top players in their 30s, they just have to change their game a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad