Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Seriously f*** Vegas. Such an easy team to root against. Having said that, I'm happy Eichel can FINALLY get a neck surgery to reduce whatever pain he is in. I was in a high speed car wreck this past summer and seriously, the pain doesn't go away just from physical therapy. It's a years long journey.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Vegas is going to have an absolutely atrocious bottom 6 with the addition of Eichel
They got their franchise center. Piece what they missed. Losing Touch hurts. Krebs is potential, but isn't yet game changer. Most likely that 1st round pick will be + 25pick.

Buffalo literally got arse f up. Feel bad Buffalo fans.

ROR out
Ristolainen out
Ullmark out
Reinhart out
Eichel out

Who else?

That franchise is absolute joke.

STLegend

Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon
Feb 20, 2010
Montanuh
I think Vegas is worse off then they were before, even with a healthy Eichel.

They loose skilled youth which is key to staying competitive in the long run, and size which is key in the pacific/west. Tuch is built for playoffs and put up .5 pt/game in postseason career.

Then you have the picks which are nothing to scoff at. They will have to get creative in moving salary to stay competitive in the long run.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

They loose skilled youth which is key to staying competitive in the long run, and size which is key in the pacific/west. Tuch is built for playoffs and put up .5 pt/game in postseason career.

Then you have the picks which are nothing to scoff at. They will have to get creative in moving salary to stay competitive in the long run.
Vegas got their 1 center. Franchise center.

Thing what Vegas missed.

Remember how Eichel carry alone Buffalo?

How Eichel play is he is going to match perfectly in Vegas.

Now he has good team around him. Watch out.

STLegend

Feb 20, 2010
Montanuh
Vegas got their 1 center. Franchise center.

Thing what Vegas missed.

Remember how Eichel carry alone Buffalo?

How Eichel play is he is going to match perfectly in Vegas.

Now he has good team around him. Watch out.

Do I remember Eichel carrying Buffalo? Carrying them where? To finish in the bottom of the Atlantic division every one of the 6 years he was there? Sure do.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

I am willing to bet you basically anything that Eichel will vastly outproduce Tuch in the playoffs. It was beyond clear last year that they needed a top center and they just got one.

Do I remember Eichel carrying Buffalo? Carrying them where? To finish in the bottom of the Atlantic division every one of the 6 years he was there? Sure do.

People said the same thing about ROR, but Eichel did more for Buffalo than ROR did.

STLegend

Feb 20, 2010
Montanuh
I am willing to bet you basically anything that Eichel will vastly outproduce Tuch in the playoffs. It was beyond clear last year that they needed a top center and they just got one.

People said the same thing about ROR, but Eichel did more for Buffalo than ROR did.

Wake up, I didn't say Tuch will outproduce Eichel. A well rounded, deep team, will always go further in the playoffs than a top heavy team. Show me the last cup winners that didn't rely on a solid 3rd and 4th line.

I also didn't say that Eichel was worthless bc Buffalo never had postseason success. I pointed out the flaw in the statement that Eichel carried Buffalo, bc he didn't, Buffalo never amounted to anything in the years he was there so how could you say he carried them anywhere?

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

If eichel returns to health and form, there is basically no way this is true. Vegas taking risk on full recovery, but there is no way pre-injury eichel doesn’t make them hugely better.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Wake up, I didn't say Tuch will outproduce Eichel. A well rounded, deep team, will always go further in the playoffs than a top heavy team. Show me the last cup winners that didn't rely on a solid 3rd and 4th line.

I also didn't say that Eichel was worthless bc Buffalo never had postseason success. I pointed out the flaw in the statement that Eichel carried Buffalo, bc he didn't, Buffalo never amounted to anything in the years he was there so how could you say he carried them anywhere?
You need both. But there are far, far more good 3rd line wingers than true #1 centers. I’m a big tuch fan but it’s much easier to replace him than eichel.

STLegend

Feb 20, 2010
Montanuh
You need both. But there are far, far more good 3rd line wingers than true #1 centers. I’m a big tuch fan but it’s much easier to replace him than eichel.

Right, but Tuch isn't the only piece here; high ceiling young player in Krebs, then picks in first 2 rounds often leads to NHL caliber players. Oh and Eichel is costing you 10m a year...

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
I think, given the circumstances, it’s a fair deal. Buffalo had little leverage, they weren’t going to “win” this, but it seems he did what he could.

That Calgary leak last night is pretty hilarious, though. I’m sure Vegas saw through that quickly.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Right, but Tuch isn't the only piece here; high ceiling young player in Krebs, then picks in first 2 rounds often leads to NHL caliber players. Oh and Eichel is costing you 10m a year...
Krebs is potentially top6 winger. Tuch is good. Most likely +25 pick will be NHLer in +3 years.

Eichel is top 10 center in NHL. Right now.

Do we even need to explain why it's better Vegas than having Tuch and potential future winger and questionmark prospect when they are clearly pushing to win a Cup.

Now Vegas has fix that missing piece for Cup run.

They got exposed vs Habs last year. Their center depth is bad, well it was.

STLegend

Feb 20, 2010
Montanuh
Krebs is potentially top6 winger. Tuch is good. Most likely +25 pick will be NHLer in +3 years.

Eichel is top 10 center in NHL. Right now.

Do we even need to explain why it's better Vegas than having Tuch and potential future winger and questionmark prospect when they are clearly pushing to win a Cup.

Now Vegas has fix that missing piece for Cup run.

They got exposed vs Habs last year. Their center depth is bad, well it was.

Is that so? Hasn't played a game this season so I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Dakota Joshua is a better option at the moment, cause you know, he's actually playing hockey...

So like you said with Krebs, he's potentially a top 10 center.

By the time he comes back he will likely have missed over 120 games and will be coming off a procedure that no NHL player has ever had performed.

Do we need to explain to you the risk of him never returning to previous form?

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
One huge aspect of the trade is that Alex Tuch is from Syracuse, NY. It has to be tough to find good players willing to be a leader of the Buffalo Sabres rebuild after so many years of failure. I think they appropriately placed a big emphasis on Tuch being that hometown hero.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Bad trade for Vegas, but they can have him. I'm glad whether by not actually wanting him or the Sabres still having Armstrong's number blocked we avoided Eichel

Reactions: Driveshaft

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Deal could work out for Buffalo, and should give them 3-4 nhl payers, but no reasonable expectation that krebs or the picks are anywhere near eichel’s previous level.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
If Eichel returns healthy, even to like 75% of what he would be, then Vegas probably makes out ahead in the short term. Buffalo got quite a bit in return, but it'll be up to them to develop that talent they got (besides Tuch). Personally, I don't enjoy Buffalo being this bad, so I hope they can turn things around. But Vegas can eat shit for all I care lol They have zero loyalty to their players and it's actually kind of disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad