Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
I'd glady take Rielly @ $7.5M over Krug at $6.5M all day every day. I'd run a man short to fit it in if I had to. They are comparable offensively. Even though Rielly is no stud defensively, he is miles ahead of Krug.

Rielly isn't miles ahead of anyone defensively. He is simply outclassed by elite players, and unfortunately for him, he is being treated like a #1 defenseman in the biggest hockey market, when he could be a solid #2 no a contender.

That being said, I'm not a huge fan of the Krug signing either. Having Parayko sign at 6.5M helps offset that overpayment a bit, but I would have preferred to have Faulk run our top PP the same way Shattenkirk did years back.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
These smaller one dimensional defensemen who are elite QBing a PP are needed, but you have to get the value of them when they are young and keep drafting them instead of paying for their UFA years. Toronto has Krug'd themselves with this as it is not going to age well either, further locking in the Leaf death sprial.

Reactions: simon IC

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Rielly isn't miles ahead of anyone defensively. He is simply outclassed by elite players, and unfortunately for him, he is being treated like a #1 defenseman in the biggest hockey market, when he could be a solid #2 no a contender.

That being said, I'm not a huge fan of the Krug signing either. Having Parayko sign at 6.5M helps offset that overpayment a bit, but I would have preferred to have Faulk run our top PP the same way Shattenkirk did years back.

Krug is outclassed by non-elite players on the 2nd pair. So like I said, Rielly is miles ahead of Krug.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Krug is outclassed by non-elite players on the 2nd pair. So like I said, Rielly is miles ahead of Krug.

If Rielly played more against non-elite players, I'm sure he would get beat by them too. He is being used as a number 1 D there. Either way, it's rather pointless to say that you would take Rielly for 7.5M over Krug at 6.5M, when both are poor signings to begin with...

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
If Rielly played more against non-elite players, I'm sure he would get beat by them too. He is being used as a number 1 D there. Either way, it's rather pointless to say that you would take Rielly for 7.5M over Krug at 6.5M, when both are poor signings to begin with...

Yea. My point was more that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Several people on this board are perfectly OK with Krug at near the same contract.

Reactions: Ranksu

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Yea. My point was more that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Several people on this board are perfectly OK with Krug at near the same contract.

Well I wasn't one of them. Most people here have been pointing at Scandella as the reason for our D problems, and that's simply ridiculous in my book.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I keep hearing all this talk about Eichel to Vegas, but I don’t even know how that would work. They’re really tight to the cap. And besides what, who do they have that Buffalo would want that Vegas is okay with trading?

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I keep hearing all this talk about Eichel to Vegas, but I don’t even know how that would work. They’re really tight to the cap. And besides what, who do they have that Buffalo would want that Vegas is okay with trading?
I mean Vegas sours on players everytime the wind changes. They traded MAF for nothing, were talking about trading Patches a year after getting him, and so on. Outside of Pietro, because of his NMC, I would not be surprised to see them trade anybody.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Wouldn’t Eichel be on LTIR until at least the playoffs? Vegas could trade for him and not have to worry about the cap until the off-season?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
upload_2021-10-30_11-45-15.png

That’s my Captain! Wait…

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Did the Blackhawk players know about Beach's allegations when he first reported them? If they did know, why didn't they force the issue with management?

Where was Captain Serious?

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Did the Blackhawk players know about Beach's allegations when he first reported them? If they did know, why didn't they force the issue with management?

Where was Captain Serious?
A group of young male athletes in a locker room will almost never show moral courage. That's not who athletes generally are. They do physical courage, which is way easier.

An all too rare example of moral courage is Peter Norman, Australian sprinter

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I hate graphs - in English, what is this saying?
I've never looked at that website before and don't fully understand this poorly-presented graph, but I'll give it a go with a cursory examination.

The colored bars represent types of ice time, like even strength, power play, shorthanded etc. Not sure what draw means, but the main three types of ice time are easy to understand.

The length of the colored bar means longer time on ice.

The graph is bisected by the zero point.

So, at even strength, Pietrangelo is responsible for 2.4 goals per ES TOI relative to a replacement player. I think I got that. This was just a quick glance and this is what I could glean from that shitty graph.

I think the graph is reflecting that Pietrangelo is playing worse than a replacement-level player.

Also, the sample is weird...not sure how that was determined. I'm sure that I'm missing a lot, but this is good enough for now.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Well I wasn't one of them. Most people here have been pointing at Scandella as the reason for our D problems, and that's simply ridiculous in my book.
I would take 2xScandella than Krug + Scandella.

I would call up Perunovich.

Code:
Scandella - Parayko
Perunovich - Faulk
Scandella - Bortuzzo

I think in next years Perunovich will be better vs Krug. Then we have really push button to trade him away.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Yes, Alex really needs to stop messing up the graphs. He just needs some royal blue and gold and the graph will look nicer.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
The length of the bars correspond to the xGAR values. Not a stat that I'm all that familiar with though.
Oh, then never mind what I wrote. It's a shitty graph anyway. There must be a better way to presenting the data as it pertains to the goal and aim of the graph.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Oh yeah, I see. The TOI is 20 for all players. OYVEY. That graph is dumber every time I look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad