Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
That was 25 minutes and 58 seconds of gutwrenching sorrow. I do believe Paul Vincent, Brent Sopel, Nick Boynton among a handful of others made the difference in the darkest of places. When he is stressing having had zero contact with those two players and not knowing them he was telling them they saved his life, you can feel it. I hope the Michigan player sees the interview, I am sure he will.

Absolutely no way, no way Quenneville can stay. He traded a person's life for his own legacy and was agitated he had to even pause to consider it. You got your legacy I guess Joel

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I don't know why anyone would want to know his identity, it makes no difference to anyone's life and has no relevance to the horrid way that Chicago's management handled this
Seriously? It’s simple. Because when there’s a real, identifiable face, the words they say and their story gets a whole lot stronger and carries a ton more weight, as opposed to when it’s anonymous. I’m not saying his story didn’t matter before today. It did, but it makes a huge difference in the eyes of lots of people.

Other sexual assault survivors now can identify with Kyle Beach, instead of some mystery person. That’s a big deal.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Just finished watching the Kyle Beach interview and wow just gutwrenching. How Joel Quenneville is coaching a game right now is beyond me, Everyone associated with this needs to be blacklisted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
If every “leader” of those early 2010 hawks teams didn’t agree to interview (37 people declined to be interviewed) I have a hard time not wanting to see history rewritten as it comes to the 2010 cup. Joel Q obv lied. kieths comments tonight mirror Qs. I was focused on hockey. I played team sports my whole life, locker rooms don’t have secrets from each other, quite the contrary, there were team mates that knew more than friends and family

The Electrician

Sponsor
Oct 24, 2014
Missouri
Petro was always terrific in the playoffs and a huge, positive difference maker. However, he's always been prone to spells where he just looks unengaged and a step behind the play which can last for a substantial chunk of the season. Now is the time for the rest of the West to bury the Knights in the standings. Take them out to the desert and leave them for dead, circa Vegas 1971.

"A lot of holes in the desert, and a lot of problems are buried in those holes."

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
That was 25 minutes and 58 seconds of gutwrenching sorrow. I do believe Paul Vincent, Brent Sopel, Nick Boynton among a handful of others made the difference in the darkest of places. When he is stressing having had zero contact with those two players and not knowing them he was telling them they saved his life, you can feel it. I hope the Michigan player sees the interview, I am sure he will.

Absolutely no way, no way Quenneville can stay. He traded a person's life for his own legacy and was agitated he had to even pause to consider it. You got your legacy I guess Joel

I was expecting the worst in that interview and it still surprised me (in a bad way). Numerous times I had to stop it and walk away. There is no way this should end with Bowman and other management in Chicago. Quenneville needs to go, Chevy needs to go, I would also investigate about which players were involved with the bullying and if their careers are still ongoing, or hold non players careers inside the league, they should be let go.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Seriously? It’s simple. Because when there’s a real, identifiable face, the words they say and their story gets a whole lot stronger and carries a ton more weight, as opposed to when it’s anonymous. I’m not saying his story didn’t matter before today. It did, but it makes a huge difference in the eyes of lots of people.

Other sexual assault survivors now can identify with Kyle Beach, instead of some mystery person. That’s a big deal.
True. And that was powerful interview. But that was his choice. And I think that is what those of us who had issue with his identity being basically leaked wanted, for him to decide whether and when to come forward.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
hawks lose again
Speaking strictly in terms of hockey. We have to beat them Saturday, they are such a bad team.

Speaking in general terms. We have to beat them on Saturday!

Also I hope some team in need of a goalie saves Fluery from that organization, he's one of my favorite goalies in the league.

Reactions: Meatball

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Hell yeah

Weird how Parayko doesn't lay on the ice and weird how the Blues keep playing
I think a lot of it had to do with the mindset of dominating 5 on 5, while Boston knew that the PP was their best opportunity for scoring goals. They were looking to the refs when the Blues were looking to their own game.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Alex DeBrincat: "Hearing the story is pretty disturbing. That's never something you want to hear goes on."
"We can not move on from it, but learn from it and come together as a team and make sure that doesn't happen again."

I'd love to have this player on our team. Mature beyond his years and a true leader. I hope DeBrincat gets the opportunity to wear the C in his playing career.

Reactions: Brian39

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Kane and Toews spoke tonight to reporters. Kane said he didn’t know who Joh Doe was until today. Toews said the Blackhawks “probably” should have done some things differently, and he said Stan Bowman and the other guy who was fired are good people.

yikes

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
“That’s one they’d like to have back” is a cliche you hear after a goalie f’s up. It’s embarrassing to hear people trying to push out some variant of that out for this.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Alex DeBrincat: "Hearing the story is pretty disturbing. That's never something you want to hear goes on."
"We can not move on from it, but learn from it and come together as a team and make sure that doesn't happen again."

I'd love to have this player on our team. Mature beyond his years and a true leader. I hope DeBrincat gets the opportunity to wear the C in his playing career.

Perhaps the only person with the organization who has demonstrated a strong moral backbone and he wasn't even with the team in 2010. It seems like anyone who was around during the time is trying to cover their own ass. The statement from the team to Coach Q essentially hiding hoping it will blow over to Kane and Toews ridiculously praising Bowman and MacIssac in their comments tonight just shows who these people really are. Their priorites were very clear, they valued winning over addressing the sexual assault of a young prospect. They aren't upset that this happened, they are upset that they got caught.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Perhaps the only person with the organization who has demonstrated a strong moral backbone and he wasn't even with the team in 2010. It seems like anyone who was around during the time is trying to cover their own ass. The statement from the team (in which they didn't even muster an apology to Beach) to Coach Q essentially hiding hoping it will blow over to Kane and Toews ridiculously praising Bowman and MacIssac in their comments tonight just shows who these people really are. Their priorites were very clear, they valued winning over addressing the sexual assault of a young prospect. They aren't upset that this happened, they are upset that they got caught.
I 100% agree with everything you said. How sad does your team have to be for the only player that feels remorse for an event is a player who was 12 years old still in middle school when the event took place.

If it comes out that he was apart of it, I truly want Troy Brouwer out of our scouting department immediately.

Reactions: Blanick

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Eh, these guys are professional hockey players. They're not necessarily the highly trained PR guys you'd want to be in charge of messaging in a crisis like this that has nothing to do with their strengths. I can give guys a pass if they make some bonehead quotes here. I don't think it means they are condoning what happened. The perpetrator is the guilty person here, and the people who were in authority and knew what happened who chose not to act are also guilty.

I'm curious about what happens with Quinneville. Will this turn into a distraction for Florida? I think he's going to be asked some pretty difficult questions. I don't know enough about the ownership at Florida to know whether they'll be willing to endure a little public heat to keep him. I'm guessing they will due to current circumstances. It does make one glad he didn't come to St Louis when he was rumored after Hitchcock.

Reactions: Majorityof1

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I 100% agree with everything you said. How sad does your team have to be for the only player that feels remorse for an event is a player who was 12 years old still in middle school when the event took place.

If it comes out that he was apart of it, I truly want Troy Brouwer out of our scouting department immediately.
Im just glad we didn’t rehire Q, knowing now who he really is.

Reactions: Linkens Mastery
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad