Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Schwartz is getting 20 minutes of ice time every game and so far has 1 assist in 5 games. So glad the Blues didn’t make that mistake

I'm glad we didn't resign him but I still miss him.

That was the type of hard choice that makes me appreciate Armstrong. Schwartz is the type of person you want on your team, and it would be easy to feel loyalty to him which clouded the decision-making. I think it worked out fine for Schwartz with a good contract in a location he was happy with.

I'm not so sure Armstrong had a say in Schwartz leaving. He really wanted to be closer to his family after his dad passed.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
There was an obnoxious Chicago fan on the Trade forum who was insistent that the Blues were a fluky Cup win, and comparing them to the 'dynasties' that included Chicago. He didn't seem to register how well the Blues' regular season numbers have been this past decade. Anyway, he was bragging about the Blackhawks as playoff contenders this season. I can't remember his name, but I wanted to see if he had disappeared from the Trade forums. I know some of you had responded to him over the past couple months. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Why was Seth Jones one of the first players selected to Team USA? He’s a truly awful Dman and has been for a couple years. Reigning Norris winner is American, Slavin is American, McAvoy, Carlson, Werenski, Hughes etc. So many choices and they go with Jones?!

Reactions: mk80

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Blackhawks are totally a playoff team this year.

Any "expert" who picked them needs to own it and hear about it daily for a long time.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
There was an obnoxious Chicago fan on the Trade forum who was insistent that the Blues were a fluky Cup win, and comparing them to the 'dynasties' that included Chicago. He didn't seem to register how well the Blues' regular season numbers have been this past decade. Anyway, he was bragging about the Blackhawks as playoff contenders this season. I can't remember his name, but I wanted to see if he had disappeared from the Trade forums. I know some of you had responded to him over the past couple months. Anyone know who I'm talking about?
It's here. I actually replied in the thread (thereby returning to the board) because there is a prevailing narrative that the Blues were lucky to have won the Cup and thus represent a particularly weak winner in recent years. This is not true, they won the most regular season games in the West in the 2010s. That is absolutely not some one-off.

If I could change one other widely-held perception about that run, it's that the entire Game 5 narrative about the Blues getting away with a trip is false. The Bruins got away with an identical play in the same period of the same game in exactly the same spot of the Blues zone exactly 10:00 of game action earlier at the 30 second mark of the third period. Marchand trips Parayko and turns a clearing attempt into a scoring chance. Anyone who has ESPN+ can go watch it right now to check, those games are still all on demand. I think even Blues fans have falsely internalized they got a lucky call in Game 5. Absolutely not. They got even stevens in Game 5 and they were just better for having capitalized on equal conditions, the end.

By the way the Game 7 French broadcast is so well produced, it is a must watch.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
My favorite line of his....."clear eyed assessment".

Earlier in that thread, Blues fan write that that maroon was too "dug in(to)" his argument.

I agree with this. As I mentioned not too long ago in other words, we must get out of the foxhole when it's about to get destroyed.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
It's here. I actually replied in the thread (thereby returning to the board) because there is a prevailing narrative that the Blues were lucky to have won the Cup and thus represent a particularly weak winner in recent years. This is not true, they won the most regular season games in the West in the 2010s. That is absolutely not some one-off.

If I could change one other widely-held perception about that run, it's that the entire Game 5 narrative about the Blues getting away with a trip is false. The Bruins got away with an identical play in the same period of the same game in exactly the same spot of the Blues zone exactly 10:00 of game action earlier at the 30 second mark of the third period. Marchand trips Parayko and turns a clearing attempt into a scoring chance. Anyone who has ESPN+ can go watch it right now to check, those games are still all on demand. I think even Blues fans have falsely internalized they got a lucky call in Game 5. Absolutely not. They got even stevens in Game 5 and they were just better for having capitalized on equal conditions, the end.

By the way the Game 7 French broadcast is so well produced, it is a must watch.
Are you referring to the Bozak incident on Acciari?

I love MM's false rage. It's so delicious.

At the time, I didn't think it was a trip and I also thought Acciari flopped like a whiskey dick.

Bozak was edging away from Acciari and at the very last millisecond tried to pull away his right leg and then when Acciari felt the contact it looked like he embellished his fall and smacked his head because of it.

EDIT: OK!!!! This was a fun exercise to test my perception of that play. I just replayed it several times and did not see Bozak pull away at the last second and Acciari's flop looked like a force of momentum when his right leg swung high in the air. Maybe a little cognitive dissonance in my top-down processing????

Hmmmmm......

I replayed that incident many times back then and concluded that it was not a trip and Acciari flopped.
Now I see something different. The brain is sooooooo cool.

Also, whether Boston got away with something similar doesn't surprise me in the least. The Bruins are Original Six darlings.

Last edited:

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Are you referring to the Bozak incident on Acciari?

I love MM's false rage. It's so delicious.

At the time, I didn't think it was a trip and I also thought Acciari flopped like a whiskey dick.

Bozak was edging away from Acciari and at the very last millisecond tried to pull away his right leg and then when Acciari felt the contact it looked like he embellished his fall and smacked his head because of it.

EDIT: OK!!!! This was a fun exercise to test my perception of that play. I just replayed it several times and did not see Bozak pull away at the last second and Acciari's flop looked like a force of momentum when his right leg swung high in the air. Maybe a little cognitive dissonance in my top-down processing????

Hmmmmm......

I replayed that incident many times back then and concluded that it was not a trip and Acciari flopped.
Now I see something different. The brain is sooooooo cool.

Also, whether Boston got away with something similar doesn't surprise me in the least. The Bruins are Original Six darlings.
Both plays were identical trips leading to identical opportunities that ordinarily would be called but identically went uncalled in the third period of Game 5 of a Cup Final that was 2-2. It is criminal to stop playing and beg for a home call right there. That was a loss of composure under pressure. Parayko didn't lay on the ice whining after Marchand tripped him and took the puck around behind the net. The Blues had no expectation of getting that call. The Bruins needed as many PPs against the Blues as they could get. They thought just staging a strike while the home crowd rained down boos would work but it turned out to not.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Both plays were identical trips leading to identical opportunities that ordinarily would be called but identically went uncalled in the third period of Game 5 of a Cup Final that was 2-2. It is criminal to stop playing and beg for a home call right there. That was a loss of composure under pressure. Parayko didn't lay on the ice whining after Marchand tripped him and took the puck around behind the net. The Blues had no expectation of getting that call. The Bruins needed as many PPs against the Blues as they could get. They thought just staging a strike while the home crowd rained down boos would work but it turned out to not.
I'm glad you brought up that incident because it made me watch the play several more times and reassess my take on the play. After all, we are the creators of our own reality.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I'm glad you brought up that incident because it made me watch the play several more times and reassess my take on the play. After all, we are the creators of our own reality.
Fairminded fans just want both calls or neither calls. They went with neither call. Someone with ESPN+ and giffing abilities should clip that Marchand-tripping-Parayko play into a gif for Bruins fans whenever they gripe about being cheated in the series, which is a thing they sometimes do.

Reactions: Stealth JD

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
The tripping call was likely negated by Acciari's obvious embellishment. In a playoff game, the refs have often put away their whistles rather than sending both players to the box. This isn't a new thing, and Boston fans know that.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Agreed but Boston fans are never going to agree on the embellishment. Showing them video evidence of them getting away with the exact thing they say we got away with in the exact same situation is cleanly effective.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
It looks like embellishment at first and that he intentionally swung his right leg upward. The momentum of his right leg is too forceful to be simply from Bozak's leg.

Reactions: BlueMed

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
It looks like embellishment at first and that he intentionally swung his right leg upward. The momentum of his right leg is too forceful to be simply from Bozak's leg.

Kessel kicked Barbashevs leg the other night when barbie scored and it looked nothing like what Acari did. It was fake as f***.

Reactions: Punished ROR

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Columbus is loving the Hawks failures. Hope they finish in the bottom 5 and wind up with the 3rd pick. Great gift for the Jackets.

Reactions: The Electrician
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad