OT: Around the NHL - Cat Scratch Fever

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Being butt hurt that fans of a team rate a player who has played on their favorite team higher than someone who hasn’t is one of the dumbest things ever. Who the **** cares. This is a Penguins team board. Go argue on the Caps board that Sid is better than Ovi or go to the Sabres board and lecture them on how big of homers they are if they think Hasek was better than Roy. My god, this hipster bullshit of “I’m better than you because I think something that makes you mad” makes me wonder why I waste so much time on this place sometimes. Fan is short for fanatic. Not logical, reasonable and all knowing. Go hang out with the mutants on the history of hockey board if you want “level headed” perspective.

200.gif

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Being butt hurt that fans of a team rate a player who has played on their favorite team higher than someone who hasn’t is one of the dumbest things ever. Who the **** cares. This is a Penguins team board. Go argue on the Caps board that Sid is better than Ovi or go to the Sabres board and lecture them on how big of homers they are if they think Hasek was better than Roy. My god, this hipster bullshit of “I’m better than you because I think something that makes you mad” makes me wonder why I waste so much time on this place sometimes. Fan is short for fanatic. Not logical, reasonable and all knowing. Go hang out with the mutants on the history of hockey board if you want “level headed” perspective.

200.gif

I'm here forever to annoy you.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
This is the thing with Crosby's legacy. It's not about the individual production, it's about the romanticism. 08/09. The golden goal. The back to back cups. He's got every storyline you want.

He'll never compare in terms of the production standpoint to the greats.
if the greats includes mcdavid then i just don’t see why he couldn’t compete with him in production in this era

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
as far as I am concerned McDavid is just pure pleasure to watch. ways above the second best player in NHL, he is that good. Still, you can not award the trophy to a guy from the losing team. No way, No how. McDavis is the best player in the play offs, but he should not win CS trophy.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
That's specific to the guy who is allegedly completely out of the conversation now, no?

So if I was Empo.
I think it applies to having a team there specifically. Since its not just him that struggled to get an arena deal done. The arena issue has been an issue literally since day one. It was just bubbling up to what it became but that was something the league and multiple owners that have since owned the team, knew.

The entire state of Arizona doesn't want the NHL there. I think it's been painfully obvious for a long time.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
as far as I am concerned McDavid is just pure pleasure to watch. ways above the second best player in NHL, he is that good. Still, you can not award the trophy to a guy from the losing team. No way, No how. McDavis is the best player in the play offs, but he should not win CS trophy.

Florida didn't have a rival candidate. It made sense to some degree. Bob wasn't good through all four series, Forsling got lit up this SCF, and Barkov didn't produce enough in the SCF to justifty it.

I think it applies to having a team there specifically. Since its not just him that struggled to get an arena deal done. The arena issue has been an issue literally since day one. It was just bubbling up to what it became but that was something the league and multiple owners that have since owned the team, knew.

The entire state of Arizona doesn't want the NHL there. I think it's been painfully obvious for a long time.

I've spent a lot of time in Arizona for work and would disagree.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Florida didn't have a rival candidate. It made sense to some degree. Bob wasn't good through all four series, Forsling got lit up this SCF, and Barkov didn't produce enough in the SCF to justifty it.

You think I meant fans? They're not the ones the owners deal with to secure the land and funding.

Atlanta deserves a team before the Coyotes ever do again.

Reactions: GilbertSeinfeld

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
You were responding to Yohe's tweet which is obviously trying to find fault's in McDavid's historic performance.

I don't understand why we need to tear down what is literally a top 5 playoff run of all time from an individual contributor.

McDavid did everything he could to win.
wish he did just a little bit more in 4 out of 7 games, that would cement the most historic play off perfomance and something for ageas, but he did not, and that will always be the case

Agree, Florida really did not have anyone that really stood out, not even close, and I do agree, that had probably a lot of weight in decesion to give it to 97. Either way rats got the main prize

Reactions: canadianguy77

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Who gives a f***, the finals are over. It's done. Pitbull is Mr 305 worldwide with a Stanley Cup party to attend. The f*** you lot give a shit about with an award and Crosby vs Mcdavid.

Like for f***s sake. Crosby didn't even deserve one of his Smythe's by your logic you ignorant twats. Which is true btw. He doesn't.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
The thing with Bob is that he redeemed himself in Game 7.

Wow, okay. Third place makes sense. Forsling was really good for them, even though his play dipped a bit in the SCF. He's in the conversation...

Verhaeghe, though, half of his goals came when they trounced Tampa in the first round.
who the f*** is Matheson from Postmedia...

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Pretty sure that was just their way to rid themselves of the last Yotes owner because they knew he couldn’t do it. He was guaranteed to own an expansion franchise if he could get one there within 5 years. Apparently he’s already given up on that.
Previous owner had similar issues. Etc etc

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Previous owner had similar issues. Etc etc
From what I gather they were essentially doomed from the start due to where they put the original arena. I also have spent some time in Phoenix and there are hockey fans and Yotes fans and the game is growing there. I think it could work with smart and stable ownership from the start. You also need a good team to get the momentum going for the fan base.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Malkin was robbed of his Smythe in 2017 and Kessel in 2016.

I don't give a f*** what arguments you wankers have.

From what I gather they were essentially doomed from the start due to where they put the original arena. I also have spent some time in Phoenix and there are hockey fans and Yotes fans and the game is growing there. I think it could work with smart and stable ownership from the start. You also need a good team to get the momentum going for the fan base.
Atlanta had consistent attendance that makes the entire project in Arizona look stupid from day 1.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Pretty sure that was just their way to rid themselves of the last Yotes owner because they knew he couldn’t do it. He was guaranteed to own an expansion franchise if he could get one there within 5 years. Apparently he’s already given up on that.
Edit: was addressing the wrong post

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Again, from what understand, what sunk Atlanta was lack of corporate sponsorships and funding. Tied to a crappy ownership group.
Coyotes were protected from the same bs for a long time until recently.
Edmonton was as well.

Atlanta never got even a fraction of that kind of support from the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad