OT: Around the NHL - Cat Scratch Fever

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
That’s fine. He’s been healthier in a higher scoring era, good for him.

Penguins fans are such bitter flowers lol.

That’s fine. He’s been healthier in a higher scoring era, good for him.

Forsling was really good, but would the writers actually vote him? I was a hard no on Bob at first, but I get the conversation around him.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
So who deserved it?

Bob
Vs NYR and for the 1st 3 games of the Finals his team was getting it's doors blown off and he kept them within striking distance.

Barkov coming in 2nd in CS voting supports my theory that these writers are heavily weighing points.
Yes, this was Barkov's coming out party with people realizing how good of a player he actually is. But MVP over Bob? C'mon...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Bob
Vs NYR and for the 1st 3 games of the Finals his team was getting it's doors blown off and he kept them within striking distance.

Barkov coming in 2nd in CS voting supports my theory that these writers are heavily weighing points.
Yes, this was Barkov's coming out party with people realizing how good of a player he actually is. But MVP over Bob? C'mon...

So we just are ignoring the 3 elimination games where Bob completely imploded and the fact he had a .906 SV% in the playoffs?

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
So we just are ignoring the 3 elimination games where Bob completely imploded and the fact he had a .906 SV% in the playoffs?

I have the same question for you regarding McDavid. Are you just ignoring McDavid went pointless in 2 elimination games where his team needed him the most?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I have the same question for you regarding McDavid. Are you just ignoring McDavid went pointless in 2 elimination games where his team needed him the most?

No. I'm looking at the playoffs as a whole as is the job of the voters for the Conn Smythe.

Bob was not a top 3 reason for why the Cats won the cup. It went Barkov, Forsling, Verhaeghe.

People are really overrating what Bob did these playoffs.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Devils advocate here is your own reminder the award is for the entire playoffs and save for mainly that game 4 implosion, he was pretty consistent.

Should McDavid be penalized for being able to feast on the crappy goalies Vancouver had to play since Demko got hurt and the mighty Cam Talbot in LA?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Bob would've been my choice, it's wild Forsling had more votes than him. Bob had 3 stinkers in the finals? McD also went pointless in 3 and was a non-factor in another. That's a wash as far as I'm concerned. McD won game 5? Bob won game 1. If it's splitsies, you award it to the winning team. But I mean, w/e.

Bob probably would’ve have won if Florida swept or won in 5
If they secured the sweep it would have been Bob. His numbers took a big hit in the next 3 games. No Panther fully standing out made it a pretty easy decision to give it to McDavid.

If you want to really get into the weeds about value, you could claim whoever’s job it was to shut down McDavid in the last 2 games played the biggest part in securing the Cup, but it seems to be a group effort again.

Yeah Bob cost him himself a Smythe by not helping finish off the Oilers sooner but to be somewhat fair to him his skaters were garbage in game 5 & 6. McDavid was the only choice then

Barkov shut McDavid down in the finals. 5v5 it was 1-1 when both their lines were on the ice. McDavid’s line 7-2 without Barkov. Forsling deserves credit too but not sure of the stats.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm fine admitting McDavid's as good or better than Sid ever was offensively speaking. I'm also fine acknowledging Sid lost his best years to injury and played with Kunitz and Dupuis as opposed to a 50+ goal guy in Hyman and a bunch of time with Draisaitl. /shrug

If not for injuries, Sid's probably sitting at like 1750ish points.

They're both gonna be top-5 players when it's all said and done, imo. Mario, Gretzky, Sid, McDavid, Orr.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Devils advocate here is your own reminder the award is for the entire playoffs and save for mainly that game 4 implosion, he was pretty consistent.

Should McDavid be penalized for being able to feast on the crappy goalies Vancouver had to play since Demko got hurt and the mighty Cam Talbot in LA?

Bob put up a .906. He was incredibly average this playoffs.

If we are talking who should've won from Florida it's Barkov because he outscored every line he went against at 5v5 in every series or Forsling because Forsling was clearly the best player through the first 3 rounds while carrying Ekblad's shit ass and then completely got roasted in the Finals.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012

I mean that's some f***ing irony isn't it mate?

You shit all over Sprong and the Jarry shit by other fans and you are only claiming it as bitter in this fan base for f***ing Mcdavid?

Lol

I'm fine admitting McDavid's as good or better than Sid ever was offensively speaking. I'm also fine acknowledging Sid lost his best years to injury and played with Kunitz and Dupuis as opposed to a 50+ goal guy in Hyman and a bunch of time with Draisaitl. /shrug

If not for injuries, Sid's probably sitting at like 1750ish points.

They're both gonna be top-5 players when it's all said and done, imo. Mario, Gretzky, Sid, McDavid, Orr.
Don't forget RNH. Imagine if Sid had even that.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
No. I'm looking at the playoffs as a whole as is the job of the voters for the Conn Smythe.

Bob was not a top 3 reason for why the Cats won the cup. It went Barkov, Forsling, Verhaeghe.

People are really overrating what Bob did these playoffs.

People are overrating how many breakaways Bob stopped in the first 3 games? Oh ok then it's settled...

If FL swept, who was your MVP?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I mean that's some f***ing irony isn't it mate?

You shit all over Sprong and the Jarry shit by other fans and you are only claiming it as bitter in this fan base for f***ing Mcdavid?

Lol

I've given Sprong props for finding a role in his career.

Jarry stinks and is a nobody in the annuals of history when it comes to hockey.

Not sure I even get the point you are making.

I've been cautious to promote McDavid to a level above Sid, but at this point it's becoming impossible to argue outside of the championships.

People are overrating how many breakaways Bob stopped in the first 3 games? Oh ok then it's settled...

If FL swept, who was your MVP?

Barkov. Easily.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
The thing with Bob is that he redeemed himself in Game 7.

Wow, okay. Third place makes sense. Forsling was really good for them, even though his play dipped a bit in the SCF. He's in the conversation...

Verhaeghe, though, half of his goals came when they trounced Tampa in the first round.
Some idiot had Hyman as a vote. Showing once again they let morons vote for these awards and why it's wrong.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA

Outside of 09, Sid had Hossa or Kessel and Evgeni Malkin in every cup final win.

The 2009 Penguins were comparable to this Oilers team.

I don't buy the argument that Sid just didn't have the roster help to put up McDavid numbers and let's be honest, McDavid hasn't necessarily had rosters that are levels above what Sid had.

Reactions: BHD

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Outside of 09, Sid had Hossa or Kessel and Evgeni Malkin in every cup final win.

The 2009 Penguins were comparable to this Oilers team.

I don't buy the argument that Sid just didn't have the roster help to put up McDavid numbers and let's be honest, McDavid hasn't necessarily had rosters that are levels above what Sid had.

Roster yes......linemates not even effin close.

probably like .917 SV%.

Then Bob gets the Conn Smythe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad