Around the NHL #5 (The Mike Smith Tracking Thread Returns)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
"There’s lots of places where you can excercise your commitment on either social or political causes but I don’t think people come to games for that. I think the anthem is important, I think showing respect...is important". -Bettman on kneeling, 2017

What does he say now?

To think people wanted to castrate Hayton for not removing his helmet during the ruskie anthem.

Reactions: _Del_

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
All 6 of Edmonton's goals so far have either been scored by McDavid or Draisaitl or assisted by either of them.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
They spent a lot of time hemmed in their own zone. Lucky they still have the lead. Definitely looks like the same game plan as here. Allow them to work the boards. Capitalize on mistakes breaking the other way. Works slightly better woth McD ans Drai going the other way instead of Doan and Moss.

Reactions: Yandover

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Jesus f*** the Oil can score at will. They'd really have something if they had goaltending and another D or two. Nothing in the goalie pipeline if memory serves.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Jesus f*** the Oil can score at will. They'd really have something if they had goaltending and another D or two. Nothing in the goalie pipeline if memory serves.
Oliver Rodrique has some potential.

Reactions: Mosby

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Rough 45seconds for Strome back there. Two goals against, second one goes off his knee into the net.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Imagine if he'd gotten tagged with that phantom double -minor

AJ171181

Sep 27, 2019
Bochum
Edmonton is McDavid, nothing else.
The best player in the world is carrying this team. Maybe enough for sone wins, but not the big thing.

2-0 is a crazy amazing goal. What a beauty.
We are happy if our players score those goals on a breakaway ;-)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I could see something involving OEL, DVO, Hayton, and picks being of interest to the Leafs. I don’t see there being any interest in Keller or Keumper. Well maybe Kuemper depending on Freddie's contract ask. I just think there is a deal to be made that could help both teams but the magnitude might make it too much to take for either??
If they want five players they will want our five best, and then they can trade them and get other players or assets. If we trade OEL we have to get a D coming back in the trade. Also giving up DVO and Hayton would leave AM's as our only NHL center. We are not in the position to give up what the Leafs need or want.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Damn I miss Martinook. What a player.
Martinook was not good in his last year here, and if I recall there were many on this board who wanted him traded. I really liked him as a player, he is a good fourth liner, maybe third liner in a pinch.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't think this guy should be taken seriously. Certainly not in finance, probably not even in sports. He's just building an online persona.
I always fine it amusing that an "average Joe" says we should not take a millionaire seriously. I would love to sit in a room of millionaires and listen to how and what they did to make them successful. I'm one of those average Joe's who dislike many millionaires, but I sure respect them.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Strome 13 mins of ice time and -4.

These are the games of him that I remember when he was a Yote.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Edmonton is McDavid, nothing else.
The best player in the world is carrying this team. Maybe enough for sone wins, but not the big thing.

2-0 is a crazy amazing goal. What a beauty.
We are happy if our players score those goals on a breakaway ;-)

There is this guy named Draisaitl who doesn’t suck too bad.

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Martinook was not good in his last year here, and if I recall there were many on this board who wanted him traded. I really liked him as a player, he is a good fourth liner, maybe third liner in a pinch.
I certainly don’t like him
For his skill, that’s for sure. But he’s a gamer. Guy plays with heart and for the team. We don’t have a whole lot of that. That’s why I like him.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
It's what we have and they don't. RT

Hurricanes also have legitimate top end forwards (and D) -- Aho and Svech are fwds you can build around, Teuvo's not too bad either. Plus then character guys like Justin Williams, Jordan Staal etc.

And they're doing all this without Dougie Hamilton. Very impressive showing so far from a well constructed team

Reactions: _Del_

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I always fine it amusing that an "average Joe" says we should not take a millionaire seriously. I would love to sit in a room of millionaires and listen to how and what they did to make them successful. I'm one of those average Joe's who dislike many millionaires, but I sure respect them.
I'm sure he's a great business man.
I'm just pointing out that the garbage he tweets should be ignored.
I expect that his personal decisions follow a very different pattern from those of his online persona.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
If they want five players they will want our five best, and then they can trade them and get other players or assets. If we trade OEL we have to get a D coming back in the trade. Also giving up DVO and Hayton would leave AM's as our only NHL center. We are not in the position to give up what the Leafs need or want.
There is literally no way to know that. The Leafs moved Kadri after 2 playoff F ups. Another playoff flop and off ice attitude just might have them changing course with Matthews. FTR I don't see that but continued failure won't be an option. I would be approaching them to push my side.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Strome 13 mins of ice time and -4.

These are the games of him that I remember when he was a Yote.
His short comings get exposed more in the playoffs, Strome isn't a complete player, never has been, but his stats look better on lines with Cat/Kane and PP time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad