Around the NHL 2024/25

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Really good game for his line in his absence and Pulju got a primary assist. Hard to see how he gets back into the lineup in the near term now unless there are injuries or they are really committed to playing him in the NHL and willing to play him on the 4th line.

I didn't expect him to play during the game against the Jets anyway, this game probably sealed that.

I have watched all his games and tbf as much as I don't like the guy, he has been better than these comments suggest. I think he will atleast be a bottom-6 NHL player. I do agree with the comments though that he should be down in the AHL for his own good.
Probably not best for his development to play him in Winnipeg. Crowd could get nasty.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Rutger getting scratched today - if he is in the press box against us in 6 days the "Where is Rutger" chants will be amazing :laugh:

Looks like a scratch today as well
At this point the chances of him playing against the Jets on Sunday are looking pretty slim. Very nice of Mike Sullivan to honor Rutger's wishes of "not wanting to play in Winnipeg".

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I am super happy with Yager so I don't really feel any real loss from a hockey standpoint in the trade.

Rutger getting sent down to the AHL to me validates how the Jets handled this situation (as best as we know it). They were not going to guarantee a spot, nor lie about it to get him to sign. Rutger got an NHL opportunity on a team with less winger depth and showed he needs some AHL time.

If it was a straight up living in Winnipeg issue, well, not a lot that Chevy can do about that (besides make a great trade I guess).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad