The Frantic TV Schedule and its Many Servicers

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
It was enough with the NHL having the worst scheduling among the pro sports but now dealing with trying to figure out which service I need to buy to watch the games is driving me insane.

If it werent for some questionable sources I couldnt watch the home-opening game even though I have Hulu and Bally's.

This league is a joke.

You pay for one, its on the other or some random platform.

• Love
Reactions: OSA and Majorityof1

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
It was enough with the NHL having the worst scheduling among the pro sports but now dealing with trying to figure out which service I need to buy to watch the games is driving me insane.

If it werent for some questionable sources I couldnt watch the home-opening game even though I have Hulu and Bally's.

This league is a joke.

You pay for one, its on the other or some random platform.

I agree. You pretty much have to resign yourself to missing a few games a year or watching through alternative means or if you are lucky pay a fortune for NHL network, and 1-2 other services

Moving out of the Bally's Midwest coverage area was a blessing. I am in the Dallas coverage area. I have ESPN+ and blackout games in Dallas are free in Victory+. So I am lucky with 2 great and affordable services to watch 85% of games.

I think there are a couple TNT games but they air on Max which I have. But I'd have to pay like $150 a month for the 4-5 NHL network games. No thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbet1998

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
The game is on ESPN, which is pretty far from being some random streaming platform. The business model is far from consumer friendly, but a league is not a joke for airing games on ESPN's main channel. ESPN is by far the most popular and accessible cable sports channel in the country.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
The game is on ESPN, which is pretty far from being some random streaming platform. The business model is far from consumer friendly, but a league is not a joke for airing games on ESPN's main channel. ESPN is by far the most popular and accessible cable sports channel in the country.
You have a point there but mine remains about having to hunt down which app or service I need to watch a game every night. Theres no consistency in that or the schedule. It is a joke for a billion dollar entity thats been around as long as they have.

Ill get over it, enjoy the opener

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
You have a point there but mine remains about having to hunt down which app or service I need to watch a game every night. Theres no consistency in that or the schedule. It is a joke for a billion dollar entity thats been around as long as they have.

Ill get over it, enjoy the opener
I can roll with questionable sources. They work.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

The game is on ESPN, but not on ESPN+. That is ridiculous. I pay ESPN directly for an expanded amount of content, and I still have to pay exorbitant cable prices for channels I do not need to be able to watch select games that they randomly decide are on the main channel and not the + subscription.

Reactions: sbet1998

RobR

Nov 16, 2018
Look into the Superbox, (Amazon, Walmart), one time purchase of the box, been working for me for a couple of years. ESPN, ESPN+, NHL Channel, Bally Sports+. I think it was $125

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The game is on ESPN, but not on ESPN+. That is ridiculous. I pay ESPN directly for an expanded amount of content, and I still have to pay exorbitant cable prices for channels I do not need to be able to watch select games that they randomly decide are on the main channel and not the + subscription.
I guess I never realized that you can’t watch ESPN with the ESPN+ subscription. Is that really true?! Good grief.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad