Around the NHL 2024-2025

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Except for those racist tweets from when he was younger as well. Maybe he was young and dumb, but they were not a good look either. That on top of his on-ice antics, he's an easy guy to dislike.

And this is rich coming from the guy who routinely trashes the captain that brought us a cup.
One more "I'm the smartest guy in the room" poster on the ignore list.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I don't even know what tweets you're talking about, just the childish on-ice temper tantrums he throws regularly when he's playing like shit. That didn't happen much last year because he played really well. I'd love for that to continue. If it doesn't, you can be sure those same childish, embarrassing stunts will come back and he'll just be a mediocre goalie making a ton of money and embarrassing himself and the team regularly. Plenty of guys in the league can give you mediocre goaltending without all the extra bullshit.
He made a couple dumb jokes about burkas as a teenager, like saying you could sneak into a bar or past airport security because no one would ask about it. Is just stupid teenager stuff, with no animosity for anyone.

If I’d made a joke about women drivers at that age I hope I wouldn’t be branded as a sexist for the rest of my life, because it would be extraordinarily inaccurate to base that kind of personal judgement on such a thin sampling of my character.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I guess 5-10 times over the last 4-5 years qualifies as "reguarly?" I bet most goalies lose their temper from time to time, but it doesn't make them a "douchebag" as you said. Regardless, your anti-Binner bias is well-known and clearly ain't gonna change at this point. Hope he can prove you wrong again this year.
:laugh: Several times a year?! Yes, that's pretty regularly. Everyone loses their temper. Not everyone throws shit at opponents, slashes guys after the whistle, whines to the opponent or referee, tries to start a fight down 5 goals etc. etc. etc. Off the ice he may well be a good guy. Seems like he is. On the ice he definitely can be a douchebag. That's part of the reason he was able to drag himself from the ECHL to a starting net in the NHL and big contract. That big head/cockiness, but to pretend it doesn't exist or that it's perfectly normal is ridiculous. You obviously like our city/team represented by immaturity and tantrums. I personally do not.

He made a couple dumb jokes about burkas as a teenager, like saying you could sneak into a bar or past airport security because no one would ask about it. Is just stupid teenager stuff, with no animosity for anyone.

If I’d made a joke about women drivers at that age I hope I wouldn’t be branded as a sexist for the rest of my life, because it would be extraordinarily inaccurate to base that kind of personal judgement on such a thin sampling of my character.
Ahh, yeah I think I kind of remember that being brought up years ago. It's stupid, but doesn't really color my opinion of him in any way.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Look, I don't like digging into people's old social media profiles and pulling stuff up to say gotcha. But when soemone is talking about how great a guy he is off the ice with zero evidence as a way to attack my opinion of him, it becomes relevant. Maybe I got him worng. Maybe he is a good guy. But the stuff I have personally seen does not show up in a good light on or off the ice. He has no obligation to expain himself to me. But I have no obligation to like or root for him. The main point is I don't like goaltenders who swing their sticks at peoples faces and throw water bottles at them in post-game interviews like a 3-yeatr old having a tantrum. But even off the ice, there are red flags.

In a vacuum, yes, old tweets are nothing. But he never apologized. He just said its old, I'm focused on hockey. If you made sexist jokes as a teenager, and then are specifically triggered by women at work, it might mean a little more. Binnington's biggest flip outs and most egregious behavior are toward one of the only Muslim players in the league. These started before Kadri ran him. Kadri is a pest, maybe even a dirty player, so it could just be that which triggers Binnington, but it makes me wonder why Kadri is able to trigger him so much. And he never said those tweets were wrong, or he was sorry if they offended everyone.

More off ice stuff that rubs me wrong. He trolled Justin Bieber about his love of hockey saying if Bieber could score a shootout goal on him, he'd die his hair. Bieber turned it around and said loser donates to charity. Binnington then used that to push people to vote for him at the All-Star game with "If you want to see it happen folks then this fella needs some retweets and votes! ". But it never happened (at least based on my google searches). Google Binnington and charity, you don't see all the good things he's done with his money and fame. All you see is him clout-chasing a mega-star. This got a lot of attention, they could have made it out to a big thing to raise a lot of money for charity and bring some eyes to hockey. Binnington used it to get all-star votes and clout chase.

So while my big criticisms are on-ice, I don't see this great off-ice guy either. I don't have anywhere near the full pucture. I don't know him or know people who know him but the little stuff I see isn't great.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Look, I don't like digging into people's old social media profiles and pulling stuff up to say gotcha. But when soemone is talking about how great a guy he is off the ice with zero evidence as a way to attack my opinion of him, it becomes relevant. Maybe I got him worng. Maybe he is a good guy. But the stuff I have personally seen does not show up in a good light on or off the ice. He has no obligation to expain himself to me. But I have no obligation to like or root for him. The main point is I don't like goaltenders who swing their sticks at peoples faces and throw water bottles at them in post-game interviews like a 3-yeatr old having a tantrum. But even off the ice, there are red flags.

In a vacuum, yes, old tweets are nothing. But he never apologized. He just said its old, I'm focused on hockey. If you made sexist jokes as a teenager, and then are specifically triggered by women at work, it might mean a little more. Binnington's biggest flip outs and most egregious behavior are toward one of the only Muslim players in the league. These started before Kadri ran him. Kadri is a pest, maybe even a dirty player, so it could just be that which triggers Binnington, but it makes me wonder why Kadri is able to trigger him so much. And he never said those tweets were wrong, or he was sorry if they offended everyone.

More off ice stuff that rubs me wrong. He trolled Justin Bieber about his love of hockey saying if Bieber could score a shootout goal on him, he'd die his hair. Bieber turned it around and said loser donates to charity. Binnington then used that to push people to vote for him at the All-Star game with "If you want to see it happen folks then this fella needs some retweets and votes! ". But it never happened (at least based on my google searches). Google Binnington and charity, you don't see all the good things he's done with his money and fame. All you see is him clout-chasing a mega-star. This got a lot of attention, they could have made it out to a big thing to raise a lot of money for charity and bring some eyes to hockey. Binnington used it to get all-star votes and clout chase.

So while my big criticisms are on-ice, I don't see this great off-ice guy either. I don't have anywhere near the full pucture. I don't know him or know people who know him but the little stuff I see isn't great.
If you're going to suggest Binnington was prejudiced toward Kadri based on being Muslim prior to the on-ice crap Kadri pulled, you really better provide something to support that charge. Otherwise I can't really bother with reading any of this.

Reactions: Snubbed4Vezina

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
If you're going to suggest Binnington was prejudiced toward Kadri based on being Muslim prior to the on-ice crap Kadri pulled, you really better provide something to support that charge. Otherwise I can't really bother with reading any of this.
There is no way I can prove he was prejudiced for him being muslim. But his jokes were anti-muslim and he seems to have an Issue with a muslim player. It could just be cause Kadri was a pest, I said as much.

But he swung his stick at his face and had several other incidents with Kadri prior being run. Kadri seems to be able to get under his skin like nobody else. Binnington was ran and injured by Kadri on March 2022. Here is a video where Binnington left the crease, sought out Kadri and swung a stick near his face (obviously trying to pull short). That is egregious and happened long before Kadri ran him. Video was posted in October of 2021.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
But he swung his stick at his face and had several other incidents with Kadri prior being run. Kadri seems to be able to get under his skin like nobody else. Binnington was ran and injured by Kadri on March 2022. Here is a video where Binnington left the crease, sought out Kadri and swung a stick near his face (obviously trying to pull short). That is egregious and happened long before Kadri ran him. Video was posted in October of 2021.

Holy f*** could it possibly be that the douche bag you're literally defending took a pretty ridiculous shot on Faulks head just a few months before this? Oh but poor little f***ing baby Kadri right? f*** that shit.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
There is no way I can prove he was prejudiced for him being muslim. But his jokes were anti-muslim and he seems to have an Issue with a muslim player. It could just be cause Kadri was a pest, I said as much.

Do you not realize that in the previous postseason, Kadri had cheap shotted Justin Faulk and gotten suspended for it? This was the very next season after that. Faulk actually made Kadri fight him in this game too. So yeah, I’m sure the Blues players were still a bit peeved about it, which is completely understandable.

Kadri is a piece of shit. He’s actually injured people on the ice, unlike Binnington. But go ahead and keep defending the player who is actually dirty I guess, and trying to turn this into some weird racism thing.

People dislike Kadri because of his character. I see Binnington mixing it up with Ryan Hartman and Jamie Benn too, and they’re white. You are majorly reaching on this. Binnington has gone after so many players that are the same skin color as him. But you will of course ignore those examples.

What wait? People have “zero evidence” that he’s a good guy off the ice? I don’t really think that’s how it works. The burden of proof is on the party that is claiming he isn’t a good guy. As far as I’m concerned, he seems popular with his teammates. He’s married with a baby now, and him and his wife look like a happy couple on social media. I’ve never heard rumors of him getting into trouble or anything like that. So yeah, unless you have proof, then he gets the benefit of the doubt for being a good guy. I’m confident in saying that you haven’t seen anything off the ice to form an opinion on that, and no, throwing an empty water bottle is a complete non-story. That is actually just funny, it doesn’t make someone a bad person.

This Bieber complaint is another non-story. Come the hell on, dude. The All Star Game is boring as f*** and we all know it. God forbid Binnington tries doing something fun like looping in a star like Bieber. He wasn’t “trolling” him, it was a harmless challenge for fun. And that would have been more interesting to watch than anything that happens at the ASG. This is why Binnington is good for the game, because he increases the entertainment level and isn’t a dud of a personality like many of this league’s stars are. And guess what, Justin Bieber was actually part of the 2024 skills competition so maybe Binnington was onto something and the NHL’s terrible marketing department jumped on his coattails to steal his idea. But no, for some reason we must conclude that Binnington is mean because he made a shootout offer to Justin Bieber. That doesn’t make sense.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

aceoutdoor

Jun 7, 2012
Love Jordan Binnington and his fire. Best goalie the Note has had in my lifetime. He is a competitor and entertains. This is the NHL right, not my little pony on ice?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Do you not realize that in the previous postseason, Kadri had cheap shotted Justin Faulk and gotten suspended for it? This was the very next season after that. Faulk actually made Kadri fight him in this game too. So yeah, I’m sure the Blues players were still a bit peeved about it, which is completely understandable.

Kadri is a piece of shit. He’s actually injured people on the ice, unlike Binnington. But go ahead and keep defending the player who is actually dirty I guess, and trying to turn this into some weird racism thing.

People dislike Kadri because of his character. I see Binnington mixing it up with Ryan Hartman and Jamie Benn too, and they’re white. You are majorly reaching on this. Binnington has gone after so many players that are the same skin color as him. But you will of course ignore those examples.

What wait? People have “zero evidence” that he’s a good guy off the ice? I don’t really think that’s how it works. The burden of proof is on the party that is claiming he isn’t a good guy. As far as I’m concerned, he seems popular with his teammates. He’s married with a baby now, and him and his wife look like a happy couple on social media. I’ve never heard rumors of him getting into trouble or anything like that. So yeah, unless you have proof, then he gets the benefit of the doubt for being a good guy. I’m confident in saying that you haven’t seen anything off the ice to form an opinion on that, and no, throwing an empty water bottle is a complete non-story. That is actually just funny, it doesn’t make someone a bad person.

This Bieber complaint is another non-story. Come the hell on, dude. The All Star Game is boring as f*** and we all know it. God forbid Binnington tries doing something fun like looping in a star like Bieber. He wasn’t “trolling” him, it was a harmless challenge for fun. And that would have been more interesting to watch than anything that happens at the ASG. This is why Binnington is good for the game, because he increases the entertainment level and isn’t a dud of a personality like many of this league’s stars are. And guess what, Justin Bieber was actually part of the 2024 skills competition so maybe Binnington was onto something and the NHL’s terrible marketing department jumped on his coattails to steal his idea. But no, for some reason we must conclude that Binnington is mean because he made a shootout offer to Justin Bieber. That doesn’t make sense.

You may be right. Maybe I am reading to much in him making off-color tweets about muslims and then swinging his stick at a muslims face. He certainly has acted like a psycho with to other NHL players.

As to the Beiber comment, I have no issue with his initial call out of Bieber. My issue is that when Bieber offered to make it about charity, nothing happened. Binngton is happy to call him out for clout, but when money to charity is on the line, crickets. And people say Pietrangelo was greedy.

Look, you all like Binnington. I don't. What's the point of arguing over it. Everything he does you all view through Stanley Cup colored glasses and I view through racist tweets and childish antics. We aren't going to agree. C'est la vi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad