Around the NHL 2024-2025

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Except for those racist tweets from when he was younger as well. Maybe he was young and dumb, but they were not a good look either. That on top of his on-ice antics, he's an easy guy to dislike.

And this is rich coming from the guy who routinely trashes the captain that brought us a cup.
One more "I'm the smartest guy in the room" poster on the ignore list.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I don't even know what tweets you're talking about, just the childish on-ice temper tantrums he throws regularly when he's playing like shit. That didn't happen much last year because he played really well. I'd love for that to continue. If it doesn't, you can be sure those same childish, embarrassing stunts will come back and he'll just be a mediocre goalie making a ton of money and embarrassing himself and the team regularly. Plenty of guys in the league can give you mediocre goaltending without all the extra bullshit.
He made a couple dumb jokes about burkas as a teenager, like saying you could sneak into a bar or past airport security because no one would ask about it. Is just stupid teenager stuff, with no animosity for anyone.

If I’d made a joke about women drivers at that age I hope I wouldn’t be branded as a sexist for the rest of my life, because it would be extraordinarily inaccurate to base that kind of personal judgement on such a thin sampling of my character.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I guess 5-10 times over the last 4-5 years qualifies as "reguarly?" I bet most goalies lose their temper from time to time, but it doesn't make them a "douchebag" as you said. Regardless, your anti-Binner bias is well-known and clearly ain't gonna change at this point. Hope he can prove you wrong again this year.
:laugh: Several times a year?! Yes, that's pretty regularly. Everyone loses their temper. Not everyone throws shit at opponents, slashes guys after the whistle, whines to the opponent or referee, tries to start a fight down 5 goals etc. etc. etc. Off the ice he may well be a good guy. Seems like he is. On the ice he definitely can be a douchebag. That's part of the reason he was able to drag himself from the ECHL to a starting net in the NHL and big contract. That big head/cockiness, but to pretend it doesn't exist or that it's perfectly normal is ridiculous. You obviously like our city/team represented by immaturity and tantrums. I personally do not.

He made a couple dumb jokes about burkas as a teenager, like saying you could sneak into a bar or past airport security because no one would ask about it. Is just stupid teenager stuff, with no animosity for anyone.

If I’d made a joke about women drivers at that age I hope I wouldn’t be branded as a sexist for the rest of my life, because it would be extraordinarily inaccurate to base that kind of personal judgement on such a thin sampling of my character.
Ahh, yeah I think I kind of remember that being brought up years ago. It's stupid, but doesn't really color my opinion of him in any way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad