Around the NHL 2024-2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Unfortunately it appears that we are all going to wake up tomorrow with confirmation that a tragedy just happened in the hockey world. This isn’t looking good.

No it's not. Praying it's not true, but it's not looking good at all.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
That is just awful. Seems like his sister is getting married today or this weekend? I can’t even imagine what that family is going through.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
So brutal. I watched him play many times in Dubuque in the USHL where he put himself on the map. Gut wrenching for that family my god.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Saw the rumors floating around last night. Feels like a gut punch, plus finding out their sister’s wedding was scheduled for today. Brutal

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I’m legit trying to hold back tears. I can’t even imagine what the families are going through.

The details provided of what happened in this article are tragic and downright infuriating. NHL player Johnny Gaudreau, brother killed after being struck by suspected drunk driver in NJ
I was fighting the tears this morning too. My son is right around his daughter’s age. The thought of his kids growing up without their dad hit me like a ton of bricks. I definitely gave my son and wife a bigger hug than normal before I walked out the door this morning.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Rest in peace to the Gaudreau Brothers. Rest in peace to the statistically 35 others who died from drunk drivers yesterday, or the 13,000 people last year. In less than a year and a half, the average attendance of a Blues game is killed by drunk drivers.

Hopefully, the high profile nature of this death will deter others from drinking and driving. But this is only a tragedy due to his fame. Pretty much every hour of every day someone dies from a drunk driver in this country, statistically around 37 families lives destroyed every day. Any other day most people don't care.

- RIP to the mom and her 10 year old child who died in Temple City, CA 2 weeks ago from a drunk driver. Condolences to the husband/father who survived the crash. I cannot even imagine that pain.

- RIP to 10 year old who died 2 days ago in Boston from a drunk driver. My heart breaks for his family.

-RIP to mother and 23 month old baby. who died last night from a drunk driver in SC. It is so unfair that a life was taken so soon.

-RIP to the woman who was killed a week ago in Arlington, TX by a drunk driver.

- RIP to the 5 people in Fort Worth who passed away from a large wreck caused by a drunk driver in 2 weeks ago. One stupid night out ends 5 people's existence and destroys the world of those closest to them.

I could sadly go on and on and on. Requiescat in pace to them all. And please remember the father who has to live with the fact that he survived while his wife and child didn't the next time you think about getting behind the wheel after you have had a couple.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Rest in peace to the Gaudreau Brothers. Rest in peace to the statistically 35 others who died from drunk drivers yesterday, or the 13,000 people last year. In less than a year and a half, the average attendance of a Blues game is killed by drunk drivers.

Hopefully, the high profile nature of this death will deter others from drinking and driving. But this is only a tragedy due to his fame. Pretty much every hour of every day someone dies from a drunk driver in this country, statistically around 37 families lives destroyed every day. Any other day most people don't care.

- RIP to the mom and her 10 year old child who died in Temple City, CA 2 weeks ago from a drunk driver. Condolences to the husband/father who survived the crash. I cannot even imagine that pain.

- RIP to 10 year old who died 2 days ago in Boston from a drunk driver. My heart breaks for his family.

-RIP to mother and 23 month old baby. who died last night from a drunk driver in SC. It is so unfair that a life was taken so soon.

- RIP to the 5 people in Fort Worth who passed away from a large wreck caused by a drunk driver in 2 weeks ago. One stupid night out ends 5 people's existence and destroys the world of those closest to them.

I could sadly go on and on and on. Requiescat in pace to them all. And please remember the father who has to live with the fact that he survived while his wife and child didn't the next time you think about getting behind the wheel after you have had a couple.
down the road from me
a grandma is paralyzed from the shoulders down, a mom was hospitalized with injuries that are likely to pain her for the rest of her life, a 8 year old girl is paralyzed from the chin down and will be on a respirator and feeding tube, unable to move at all for the rest of her life
not because of drunk driving, but because a teenage girl was driving 86mph where it is 45mph speed limit
68% of traffic deaths in 2022 DID NOT involve alcohol, I would hazard a guess that many of the people involved in drinking and driving fatalities drove just as shitty when sober
driving while impaired is a (sizable) subset of a bigger issue

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

Sadly this means nothing to the people that drink and drive. It's like thinking a wife beater will see a PSA commercial and realize he shouldn't hit his wife. It just doesn't work that way.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Damn! I was hoping late last night that the rumor mill had just went to wild last night (although that would have meant two other people would have tragically lost their life). Just terrible news to hear about all around, all because an idiot decided to 1. drive drunk, 2. sounds like he was an idiotic reckless driver anyway.

And on the eve of their sister's wedding.

RIP to Johnny and Matthew.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Sadly this means nothing to the people that drink and drive. It's like thinking a wife beater will see a PSA commercial and realize he shouldn't hit his wife. It just doesn't work that way.
This is spot on. It's not a mentality of "wow, that could've been me who ruined the lives of multiple people and their families". It's a "at least it wasn't me" mentality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad