Around the NHL 2023-24 - Offseason

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
That whole Tampa line that left in FA got overpaid but it was for a reason. Each of them played their hearts out in the playoffs and were a huge part of back to back Cup wins. Even if Goodrow plays well in the playoffs, you can’t pay him close to 4 million for those regular season performances. He could be a good depth piece or be used for a bottom feeder trying to reach the Cap floor.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
1000007531.png

1718740099179.png

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Good for Goodrow, Palat, Killorn and Coleman all getting paid after their playoff success with Tampa.

Only 1 is not realistically a buyout candidate.
Is it Coleman?

Yeah, he's not really one now, but I think he probably had a career year last season and if he has a meh year coming up, I could see him being in the conversation for a buyout, though it probably wouldn't come until 2026, when he has I think 1 year left on his deal by that point?

I had to look up how long Killorn is signed for. He has 3 years left? Ouch.

And he's older than the rest of those guys by at least 1.5 years.

Something about Killorn just screams 40 year old construction worker. I don't know what it is. I knew he wasn't 40 yet. He looks kind of beat up already.

Reactions: My3Sons and HBK27

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Is it Coleman?

Yeah, he's not really one now, but I think he probably had a career year last season and if he has a meh year coming up, I could see him being in the conversation for a buyout, though it probably wouldn't come until 2026, when he has I think 1 year left on his deal by that point?

I had to look up how long Killorn is signed for. He has 3 years left? Ouch.

And he's older than the rest of those guys by at least 1.5 years.

Something about Killorn just screams 40 year old construction worker. I don't know what it is. I knew he wasn't 40 yet. He looks kind of beat up already.

Yeah, Coleman - who is the youngest of the bunch, signed to the cheapest contract and is coming off a 30 goal season. He might also have a bit less wear and tear on his body as he spent 4 years in college and only played 14 games the following year. He's the least likely to be bought out. Killorn probably depends on where Anaheim is in a couple years from now - maybe they can ride it out if they're still not competitive and near the cap.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, Coleman - who is the youngest of the bunch, signed to the cheapest contract and is coming off a 30 goal season. He might also have a bit less wear and tear on his body as he spent 4 years in college and only played 14 games the following year. He's the least likely to be bought out. Killorn probably depends on where Anaheim is in a couple years from now - maybe they can ride it out if they're still not competitive and near the cap.
Actually, Goodrow is younger than Coleman by a little over a year, but he's played 30 more regular season games than Coleman to this point.

This would probably surprise a lot of people, but Coleman is just two weeks younger than Taylor Hall is. Taylor Hall's big Hart Trophy season which was his 8th year in the league was somehow only Coleman's rookie season in the NHL and first year he played more than 23 games.

Coleman was technically a rookie the same year as Nico Hischier, despite being 7 years older. Coleman is like the Andy Summers to Bratt and Hischier's Sting and Stewart Copeland.

Coleman is almost closer in age to Zach Parise as he is to Nico Hischier. He's just a couple months closer in age to Nico than Zach.

Coleman is almost 9 months younger than Jacob Josefson, who played here for YEARS, yet Coleman's first full year in the league was Josefson's first year not on the Devils. And Josefson played here for 7 years.

Here's one more. Coleman is almost an entire year OLDER than Adam Larsson.

Coleman is really around the same age/same generation as Henrique, Tedenby, Josefson and Larsson, yet he seems like he's more in the same generation of Jesper Bratt and Nico Hischier. He just barely overlapped here with any of those players. He got his first call ups the last year of Josefson, Henrique was outta here less than 2 months into his first full season in the league and he may have played a preseason game with Larsson/attended one training camp with him and he may have attended a development camp or two with Tedenby at some point.

Obviously if he were as young as those guys he would either still be here or at the very least we would have kept him longer.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Actually, Goodrow is younger than Coleman by a little over a year, but he's played 30 more regular season games than Coleman to this point.

This would probably surprise a lot of people, but Coleman is just two weeks younger than Taylor Hall is. Taylor Hall's big Hart Trophy season which was his 8th year in the league was somehow only Coleman's rookie season in the NHL and first year he played more than 23 games.

Coleman was technically a rookie the same year as Nico Hischier, despite being 7 years older. Coleman is like the Andy Summers to Bratt and Hischier's Sting and Stewart Copeland.

Coleman is almost closer in age to Zach Parise as he is to Nico Hischier. He's just a couple months closer in age to Nico than Zach.

Coleman is almost 9 months younger than Jacob Josefson, who played here for YEARS, yet Coleman's first full year in the league was Josefson's first year not on the Devils. And Josefson played here for 7 years.

Here's one more. Coleman is almost an entire year OLDER than Adam Larsson.

Coleman is really around the same age/same generation as Henrique, Tedenby, Josefson and Larsson, yet he seems like he's more in the same generation of Jesper Bratt and Nico Hischier. He just barely overlapped here with any of those players. He got his first call ups the last year of Josefson, Henrique was outta here less than 2 months into his first full season in the league and he may have played a preseason game with Larsson/attended one training camp with him and he may have attended a development camp or two with Tedenby at some point.

Obviously if he were as young as those guys he would either still be here or at the very least we would have kept him longer.

He was an overage draft pick and stayed 4 years in college.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Wonder if Van still tries negotiating with Zadorov, I wouldn't go near the 6x6 he's apparently seeking but Vancouver's signed dmen for next year are Hughes, Hronek, Soucy, and Juulsen (Poolman has been on LTIR for almost 2 full seasons now). They have quite a few D prospects signed to ELCs but not sure how ready they are.

Just saw the Slavin deal, thats solid for Carolina for the next few

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad