Around the NHL 2023-24 - offseason part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Johansen? Can he skate anymore?
IMG_2049.jpeg

Not well but if he was a league min center option, I’d go for it. Maybe some shit team will give him more though.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
View attachment 902169

Not well but if he was a league min center option, I’d go for it. Maybe some shit team will give him more though.
Those are two broken players. Both guys have had lingering injuries. Hopefully Bastian is healthy this season and can play the way he's capable of. He was too passive last season in my view.

dzubrus8

Jun 15, 2014
Those are two broken players. Both guys have had lingering injuries. Hopefully Bastian is healthy this season and can play the way he's capable of. He was too passive last season in my view.
I like how proficient he is on the dot (53% last year and over his career) but I’m concerned by the injuries and the relative GF% despite playing on good teams the last 5 or so years.

Reactions: My3Sons

Camille the Eel

Quite a bargain if he signs for that price and term. Taking advantage of a hard sophomore season. After year one I’d have pegged him at 8 to 8.5 long term, given the rising cap and the city. 7 is low for near max term. Depends on whether he wants to bet on himself with cutting term for a bridge deal.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
What’s this trade for?

I assume conversation went something like this:

"We have the cap space to match your Broberg offer, but we probably wont have the space for him next year. Not trading him until August is annoying but we can probably get a handshake deal in place in June then just wait. You can give us an extra pick and a prospect that we can use to trade for a better Dman rental at the deadline and we'll decline to match. You get the guy you want and we're stronger this year for a cup run."

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

Well, that's way more tame than what I thought it would be. "Material breach" sounds way closer to Galchenyuk threatening cops or Nichushkin's hooker situation than "this guy said he was good to play when he isn't".

I guess I owe Johansen an apology for assuming the worst. But let's be real, we all assumed you'd have to be real scumbag to get thrown off the Flyers. :laugh:

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What are Harris’ prospects and what do people think. I see he’s a young D, making 1.4 million on the second year of his entry contract, an American kid who played in Hockey East for Northeastern and now has 2 full seasons pretty much with the Habs. Few stats, about even plus-minus, seems light weight for his size - but I don’t remember watching him play. Don’t pay much attention to Montreal. This a good deal for Columbus or not ??
He's a no6 on most team and outside chance developing into top 4. Good at everything but not great at anything.

For the Habs he's our 6th defenseman on the left behind Matheson, Guhle, X, Hutson and Struble. There was a risk of losing him on waivers if he wasn't traded so a 2nd (top 40) was great. Laine was free.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Working backwards, teams who had more than 2 mil in cap space:

Los Angeles: missing 2025 2nd (Tanner Jeannot)
Nashville: Just dumped Cody Glass to make room to sign Parssinen/Tomasino
Dallas: missing 2025 2nd (Max Domi) and have Thomas Harley to sign
New Jersey: 2025 2nd tied up (Jake Allen) and have Dawson Mercer to sign
Chicago:
Winnipeg: missing 2025 2nd (Tyler Toffoli) and have Cole Perfetti to sign
Carolina: have Seth Jarvis to sign
Boston: missing 2025 2nd (Dmitri Orlov) and have Jeremy Swayman to sign
Buffalo:
Utah: missing 2025 2nd (Mikhail Sergachev)
San Jose:
Columbus: missing 2025 2nd (Ivan Provorov)
Detroit: have Moritz Seider and Lucas Raymond to sign
Anaheim:
Calgary:

I suppose it's possible a team could reacquire its pick like St. Louis did. Buffalo and Anaheim seemingly have plenty of their own LHD. Even San Jose might have to carve out a spot for Henry Thrun or Shakir Mukhamadullin.

Athletic had an article and saw this blip:

There were three teams, including the Blues, that Ferris deemed serious in their interest. The contract offers were likely going to be the same — $4.58 million, the maximum salary that requires a second-round pick as compensation — so it came down to which team had the fewest obstacles to make the offer sheet happen.

“The other two (clubs) were saying, ‘We’d like to do it, but there are some moves we have to make…'” Ferris recalled.

So maybe it was another team who didn't have the cap space.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
RyJo is EXTREMELY cooked, or at least, he looked like it last year. still tolerable defensively, but an offensive black hole who takes a bunch of penalties.

you can probably find better off the pto scrap heap
I’ve seen that he isn’t supposed to play this year anyway, due to injury.

But he’s contesting this because now he won’t get paid?

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
I’ve seen that he isn’t supposed to play this year anyway, due to injury.

But he’s contesting this because now he won’t get paid?
Johansen is due $8 million in salary this year (per PuckPedia - if I read it correctly).

If the Flyers terminate his contract for breach prior to the season, I think that will mean they (and the Predators - who retained 50%) don't pay any of it.

I'd fight that too if I were Johansen.

Him and Torts must really hate each other. Here's a post from the time of the trade:

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

ooooo duke is going to probably regret posting that! i'm glad someone took a slight dig at the old man

The discourse on this on Twitter is really something. People are really taking the absolute worst optics on this when Lou has literally done this for as long as I can remember with every single player.
i was just going to post something similar they seeming to make it about race. clearly people that haven't following the game

Reactions: mdj12784

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
ooooo duke is going to probably regret posting that! i'm glad someone took a slight dig at the old man

i was just going to post something similar they seeming to make it about race. clearly people that haven't following the game

It's also something he pretty much took from Steinbrenner and the Yankees. They have the same policy in place. People don't have to like it, but it certainly has nothing to do with treating certain individuals unfairly. It's a policy he's had forever, and Duclair likely knew about it when he signed.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

someone posted before about markstroms mask but man these MAF masks are legit!

i'll tell ya a cool mask for a devils goalie would be like a retro take on burkes mask that would be cool thats gotta be the first one i remember as a kid that had a design on it

It's also something he pretty much took from Steinbrenner and the Yankees. They have the same policy in place. People don't have to like it, but it certainly has nothing to do with treating certain individuals unfairly. It's a policy he's had forever, and Duclair likely knew about it when he signed.
yeah agreed duc is definitely getting the attention he seeked with that post.

Reactions: mdj12784

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

someone posted before about markstroms mask but man these MAF masks are legit!

i'll tell ya a cool mask for a devils goalie would be like a retro take on burkes mask that would be cool thats gotta be the first one i remember as a kid that had a design on it

yeah agreed duc is definitely getting the attention he seeked with that post.
sought

not being pedantic just pointing it out in case it matters at some point for you in a different context.

Reactions: Saugus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad