Around the NHL 2022-2023 *Mod warning in effect pg145

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Are the Avs ever healthy? IF feels like every year they have a billion players on the IR. Also what is happening to Calgary, I thought they would be a lot better than they are now

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Are the Avs ever healthy? IF feels like every year they have a billion players on the IR. Also what is happening to Calgary, I thought they would be a lot better than they are now
Huberdeau is disappointing - not sure what’s up with him.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012

Wish we still had DP57.

GettyImages-1220736928.jpg

It's getting a bit dusty in here.

Reactions: BlueKnight

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Perron playing in game 1000 today
I remember well the way that camp unfolded and he just kept sticking around and forcing the team to keep him rather than sending him back to the Q. I posted on the old NHL official forums back then, and one of Perron’s cousins posted. He kept predicting that David would make the team, then he did. It was really a fun ongoing situation.

I went to the game vs Detroit that year where he scored 2 goals, one of which was a long TD pass from Steve Wagner (“that is a name I have not heard in a long time”).

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I bet the 2nd year scared a lot of teams off. He's also just not the player that he was drafted as, so it makes sense that fans would have more interest than teams, but thought he might be a decent middle 6 guy with 2nd PP time.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Tolvanen on waivers. Blues should throw in a claim.

Seems both Tolvanen & Kostin never really developed well for I think being the top ranked Euro or Russian in that draft year. Tolvanen has had a little success at NHL. I wouldn't have mind a flyer on him, but oh well.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I bet the 2nd year scared a lot of teams off. He's also just not the player that he was drafted as, so it makes sense that fans would have more interest than teams, but thought he might be a decent middle 6 guy with 2nd PP time.
Pretty much this. That 2nd year at ~2x league minimum is a pill many teams aren't willing to swallow on that type of gamble.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Also important to note that Cap Friendly has us at 48 of 50 contracts. That and the extra year are factors that fans tend to overlook. Especially if we are looking to sell of expensive pieces at the deadline, it would probably be smart to have some extra contract space if we need to take on more expiring deals to get a deal done.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Is the premise of the article accurate?
Maybe. I think there's some amount of upside in him to play a middle 6 role and 2nd unit PP, but I really doubt he realizes the potential he had as a prospect, and he isn't really going to change our fortunes. If we had more contract space, or if he was on an expiring deal, we probably would've had more interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad