Around the NHL 2022-2023 *Mod warning in effect pg145

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
If you wanted to destroy a team, that's exactly what you should have done. :)
By the time the buyout cap hits are down to 1 million, Kaprizov will be in the last year of his deal. If Minny doesn't have much playoff success in the next 2-3 years you could see him leaving. Minny better hope their prospects like Boldy, Rossi, etc.... can step up in a big way.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
They could've gotten assets for Suter, undoubtedly. And I'm sure Parise could've been moved with retention...which would have crippled the organization a whole lot less than a buy-out. Guerin is a fool, and this move doesn't make him look any better.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
That Reaves trade is hilarious.

The Wild love acquiring guys like that every single year while they continue to roll out guys like Ryan Hartman as their 1C. They lack skill every season. Another first round exit incoming.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I was among the highest on him of all the posters here and was well in the minority when I said that I'd be surprised if he never had a 30 goal season in the NHL.

I never imagined that this is the player he would become. 38 goals last year, he signs a widely-criticized big money deal this year and backed it up by scoring 13 in his first 19 games for a 56 goal pace. Currently tied for 4th in goals and 8th in points. Incredible.

The Blues will absolutely never "lose" the ROR trade because it directly helped us win the Cup. No single thing wins a Cup, but ROR was absolutely critical to the win. We don't win that Cup without him and we've gotten several great years out of him. That trade is a "win" for the Blues no matter what.

But it is looking like a win for Buffalo as well.
Absolutely a win for Buffalo now. And it will forever and always be a win for the Blues, even if Thompson becomes a 50-goal guy. Win-win trade.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Benn nearly decapitated helleybuck. As he is liking facedown without helmet play continues and stars score tieing goal with 18 seconds left. And review rules jets guy pushed him into goalie. Oi vey.

Last edited:

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Ben nearly decapitated helleybuck. As he is liking facedown without helmet play continues and stars score tieing goal with 18 seconds left. And review rules jets guy pushed him into goalie. Oi vey.

Thank god he didn't throw an empty water bottle because then people would be really upset with him.

Reactions: joe galiba

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Happy 105th to the NHL founded on 11/26/1917!

Here's to the next 105!

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
very interesting, and fun, game to watch tonight with DET vs BUF

Perron and Sunny figuring in the comeback

TT is a heck of a player

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
The West sucks this year, only 5 teams have a positive goal differential.
That was definitely one of the reasons for optimism at the start of the year. This is the weakest I've seen the Western Conference in the cap era. There isn't a single team that has an aura of invincibility, most the top teams have at least one glaring hole/weakness in their lineup and at least a couple truly mediocre teams are going to make the playoffs.

Dallas is doing a lot to turn my opinion around, but I'm not sold that they can sustain this.

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
That was definitely one of the reasons for optimism at the start of the year. This is the weakest I've seen the Western Conference in the cap era. There isn't a single team that has an aura of invincibility, most the top teams have at least one glaring hole/weakness in their lineup and at least a couple truly mediocre teams are going to make the playoffs.

Dallas is doing a lot to turn my opinion around, but I'm not sold that they can sustain this.
I love Dallas' roster. They were my pre-season favorite to push Colorado for the division. Their '17 draft was the best in franchise history; that alone will keep them relevant for the next decade. The Jets, however, I didn't see coming at all.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I love Dallas' roster. They were my pre-season favorite to push Colorado for the division. Their '17 draft was the best in franchise history; that alone will keep them relevant for the next decade. The Jets, however, I didn't see coming at all.
I love their 1st line, but I'm not sold that Benn and Seguin will play like this all year. I also don't love the D group (which may or may not matter considering the guy in net behind them).

Reactions: BlueOil
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I’m in Boston to watch my brother play this weekend. Had some free time so we watched the BC/Providence game last night. I must admit, I wasn’t very impressed with Cutter Gauthier. He scored on a one timer on the power play, but outside of that was pretty invisible. A lot of floating and he seemed very disengaged defensively. Very small sample size but I was expecting more out of him.

Reactions: mk80

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
The injury bug has bitten the Avs unbelievably hard this year. Injuries had already piled up and now MacKinnon is slated to miss 4 weeks. The list of current injuries is MacKinnon, Landeskog, Nichuskin, Lehkonen, Rodrigues, Helm, Bowers, Foudy, Manson, Byram, and MacDermid. That's their entire top 6 except for Rantanen and two regular D men.

MacKinnon and Makar are two of those special players that can drag a group of below average players to a good enough record. I'm not sure that Makar can do it without MacKinnon. The Wild Card race in the West is going to get really interesting if the Avs get caved in for a few weeks until they get some semblance of health back.

Punished ROR

a hero denied by hortons
Jul 3, 2006
The injury bug has bitten the Avs unbelievably hard this year. Injuries had already piled up and now MacKinnon is slated to miss 4 weeks. The list of current injuries is MacKinnon, Landeskog, Nichuskin, Lehkonen, Rodrigues, Helm, Bowers, Foudy, Manson, Byram, and MacDermid. That's their entire top 6 except for Rantanen and two regular D men.

MacKinnon and Makar are two of those special players that can drag a group of below average players to a good enough record. I'm not sure that Makar can do it without MacKinnon. The Wild Card race in the West is going to get really interesting if the Avs get caved in for a few weeks until they get some semblance of health back.
Oh no that sucks

:sarcasm:

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I am genuinely a little bit worried about a scenario where the injuries make them bad enough that they walk away from the draft with another franchise player.

A MacKinnon and Bedard/Fantilli 1-2 punch down the middle is a genuine nightmare.
We can't let the Avs out-tank us due to injuries. Blues need to step up their wounded/unavailable list.
Live look at Blues training room:

fightclub-punch.gif
pQt9aP.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad